What Happens In Orlando In October?
- How busy is Orlando in October?
- How hot is Orlando in October?
- What to wear in Orlando in October?
- Things to do in Orlando in October
- Things to do in Disney World in October
- Things to do in Universal Orlando in October
- What to do at Orlando SeaWorld in October?
Orlando Vacation Packages
Choose from our exclusive Orlando Vacation Package Deals or create your own pack to accommodate your stay.
It’s a great time to visit Orlando in October! When you’re lucky, the weather starts to cool and much can be done. Many schools are now breaking in the fall, so the masses in October are more than ever, but we have compiled the information below to help you. The main event in October is one of the biggest celebrations of the year in Universal Orlando; design and preparation for the whole year are necessary for this to work well.
Halloween Horror Nights is very scary for the park visitors and everything, from strange street artists to haunted houses, in a movie-quality special effects makeup. This is a unique ticket event that is available on select October nights. Parents should remember that this is a very ecclesiastical night and is not suitable for children under the age of 17.
You expect to see a moderate to low audience when you visit Universal Orlando this month for most days. Full-time parks will be the Halloween Horror Nights afternoons, so they will plan accordingly to avoid longitudinal passages. It is worth using the extra cost to get the choice of the Express Pass option to enjoy most of your little-awaited favorites.
- Temperature and hours of average sun – October will see a climate change as is the case in Orlando, Florida. This is one of the best seasons to visit when the weather is warm, but it is much less in humidity than the tropical summer months, such as July and August. The average daytime temperature is 84° F, and the average minimum temperature drops to about 65° F. There are 8 hours of sunlight during the day (each day) for this month.
- The rain – Also in October, there can be rain and can often be more powerful than in the previous months. The average rainfall is 86 mm, so the rainfall capacity is about 12 days during the month.
Now that the children return to school, it can definitely be more fun when you visit the theme parks. And of course, if you visit at the end of the month, you can enjoy different Halloween parties.
When planning your Orlando vacation, you are sure to think about exactly what you need to wear and what to bring during that time. There will be a wide variety of items and the different fields that you will probably visit in Florida and you will pack them in a bag, so we’ve created this guide to make things easier for you. A checklist for all your want and need:
- The first visitor’s identification – It is recommended that travelers in Orlando explore t a button designated for first time visitors at the different parks. One of the best things in Orlando theme parks is the first time a visitor (or birthday) button. For example, in Disney World, you can catch a button for free from any of the visitor services centers. The park staff will most likely spend all day receiving or congratulating you; this can help you get in line through the FastPass lanes.
- A hat – A hat is definitely recommended as you can suffer from the hot Florida sun in these dazzling parks. This not only helps keep you cool, but can also help prevent heat strokes too.
- Sandals or comfortable shoes – Some theme parks in Orlando include water rides, so it is important to wear some stylish and comfortable sandals (maybe even waterproof). The most important thing is to spend your vacation time in Orlando, making sure you wear comfortable shoes! If you visit the Orlando theme parks, you will be walking a lot and it can get painful fast without good shoes. You may make use of some sneakers as well. On average, you can walk around 20-30,000 footsteps each day. We don’t usually recommend the flip-flops because this could cause blisters on your feet the end of each day. Equally, you may have to take off the flip flops on some of the roller coasters that go upside down and place them in the cubbies provided (only in some parks), or maybe even sit on them so the don’t go flying away!
- Smart shoes at night – There are many restaurants and night activities, so be sure to have some elegant evening shoes.
- A rain jacket – You can have a good time during your stay with the fine weather of October, but there’s a good chance you may get caught up in a downpour while visiting, so you make sure to take along a raincoat as a precaution.
- Cardigan or light sweater – The temperatures in Orlando can really increase during the summer, but the continuous supply of air conditioning adapts well too many of the things that are indoors. So make sure you have a lightweight cardigan or sweater.
- Night wear – As you walk through all the theme parks, you may want a lightweight cotton sweater in the evening after a shower so you can be comfortable while going out for dinner.
- Swimming or pool suits – Disney World is Orlando’s most famous attraction, but there are many water parks in the area, so you might want a swimsuit during your stay. And with similar sights like Disney World, which could be wet, some swimsuits can be more comfortable.
- Jeans or leggings – Of course, you do not need to travel at this year’s hottest point, so you will definitely be recommended for jeans or tights in the month of October. These are also practical at night, regardless of the season.
At the perfect weather of the year, it is good to explore the fields and other attractions.
- Get out with pride – Pride Day is October 12, so you can enjoy the Pride party at Lake Eola. At night, you can browse the stalls, visit beer and bubble and enjoy live and entertaining music. At night you can see the colorful gay pride parade in the park with some fireworks included during the celebration at night.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – During the Halloween season, Disney has a fun celebration at the Magic Kingdom park for Halloween. Join Mickey for a nap or a party and watch a Halloween parade with him and all the other characters. Have some ghostly fun during the select nights between September and the end of October.
- Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights – You can also enjoy the award winning Halloween horror festival at Universal Orlando parks. Universal Studios is transformed into you worst nightmare from September to the beginning of November. See if you can handle fantastic homes, unique live shows and other spooky events.
- SeaWorld’s Spooktacular Halloween – Alternatively, Spooktacular Halloween at SeaWorld with many pirates and the possibility of cheating taxes. Join the ghosts on select days of the weekend in October.
- Busch Gardens’ Howl-O-Scream – Busch Gardens in Tampa is about a two hour drive from Orlando, but it’s definitely worth the visit. In this park you see beautiful animals like gorillas, elephants and giraffes around. Marvel comes, when the cheetahs arrive as a wind, they meet a lion and a meerkat on the African borders of Safari and send methods for Bengal and Orangutans in danger in Jungala. If you are after the thrills, you’ll the speed of the cheetah hunt roller coaster, jump as a bird on prey with Falcon’s anger and experience the liquid adrenaline on the SheiKra floor. Young travelers with love points and foxes fly in Jungle Flyers, and SandSerpent is the perfect family fisherman. Use: Holidays, Ideaship or Born to Rock.
- Legoland – Legoland in Winter Haven is also a bit of a drive. Go to the heart of Mini-land Park, USA, with seven wonderful Lego models based Kennedy, New York and Las Vegas Space Center. Return to Medieval Times from Lego Kingdoms; discover the hidden experience of Lego Adventure Roads and Lego Technic. Young children love Duplo Village and Lego City, who can spend their dreams in a small town. You can build and register Lego robots and program cars in the fantasy area.
- Gator Adventure – If you want to find your closest hotel to Orlando, go to Gator Drive International Adventure. At Alligator Academy you can approach all cats and learn to become crocodile breed. You will be surprised by their crocodile screens, which include Fianzy feeding, Gator Adventure Show and Watermelon Smash. There is also a Gator Golf Adventure Park, an 18-hole mini golf that runs through the Gator Lagoon.
WALT DISNEY WORLD
Disney World organizes a series of special events in October, including the Halloween Festival Mickey’s Not-So-Scary, with some odd fun entertainment throughout the Magic Kingdom. International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot also have a month and Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic, to celebrate the best in the food industry.
- Halloween Party Mouse Film Free: Draw a suit and do a trick or fair, become parks, fireworks, costumes, and performances uncharted in the Magic Kingdom. You need to buy a separate ticket for this event, which will take place for several months throughout the month and end on Halloween.
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic: At the end of October, this two-day event between Swan and Dolphin hotels refers to Epcot festival’s famous wines from around the world and examples of chefs in the middle. Many seminar hours include an opportunity to practice your cooking.
- Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: This event actually runs from September to end of November. On the world market, you can make a world class sample with gourmet plates and exotic drinks. Eat at the Beat Concert Series offers the highest musical performance so you can dance your justice. Cooking presentations, famous chef shows and food seminars offer events focused on food.
- The opening hours are Magic Kingdom Park from 9:00 AM at 9:00 PM
- Epcot Center– The world of the future from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Hours of extra magic from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Epcot – Opening hours World time from 11:00 am to 9:00 PM hours of extra magic from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- The Disney Hollywood Studios hours from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park is open from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Blizzard Disney Beach Park is open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Opening hours in Disney Springs from 10 AM to 12 AM
- Backpack or a fanny pack – The backpack is comfortable when you go out and around in Orlando, so you can store drinks, food and any other valuable things you need. Keep your money belt to keep your valuables safe, because you can’t carry your bags while traveling with you.
- Sunscreen – Take with you sunscreen for your trip. This is important, specially for those who come from colder climates. Make sure to sunbathe after a day to discover the skin. Do not forget sun protection by using sunscreen regularly, heat (air conditioning in the fields) and drink plenty of water. As you prepare, you will have fun in the Orlando theme parks, regardless of the weather.
- First aid equipment – It is unlikely that this is necessary, but we recommend that you bring some assistance when you go on a trip because you don’t know what errors and scratches can be. Also, if any sensation of blisters appears, medicine will be of great use.
- Sunglasses – Of course, it is very sunny in this part of the world, so sunglasses to protect your eyes should be added to the list. The last thing you want is to not handle the great Florida sun while strolling through the parks.
- Water – Take with you a bottle of water in your day bag, because there are sources where you can fill it throughout the park. You can also provide a sandwich if you do not want to buy food from the theme park.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™
Halloween Horror Nights (Universal Studios)
At Universal Orlando, the biggest event of the year is hosted on select nights, each at Universal Studios. When it comes to horror fans and those who want to be scared, Horror Nightmares should not be missed out on Halloween! The park passes as a horror site. “Roaming belts” are set when the creatures move. Do you think you’re safe? Maybe you’ll find a zombie that breathes on your neck. Who knows what you can experience there.
The great attraction of the night is the Haunted movies series, which are themed popular TV shows, classic and current movies and sometimes even video games. This event is not for children. In fact, you only need to have Halloween survival guide only during the night. Tickets are sold a few months before the event starts, and we recommend you buy tickets in advance!
Universal Studios Florida and Universal Island of Adventure parks are open 365 days a year. In general, the operating begins at 9.00 AM, however, the closing times have changed due to the nightly parties. Normally, Universal’s Volcano Bay is opened from 10 AM and to 6 PM.
Spooktacular Halloween at SeaWorld: A Halloween family event is waiting for a new surprise. Visitors of all ages can celebrate the new Halloween heaven in Sesame Street with its spectacular swimmers, public amenities and their favorite friends. Families also enjoy a Halloween dance party, tricks or invitations all over the park and the opportunity to really encourage friends from the sea.
Good vacation planning is the key! We recommend that you go to SeaWorld Orlando on the weekday if possible. It’s less populated or crowded than on the weekend.
- Facial sunscreen – While it is still important to have a full body sunscreen package, the specific brand is not observed. So many travelers know, the sun can close your face on your perfect vacation. Although many sunscreens will protect against harsh UV rays, your face is a very sensitive area. Don’t forget to pack a higher volume of SPF for your face.
- Rain coat – Floridians know the weather is changing in the gorgeous Sunshine State; during most summer days, the sky can expect rain during 15-16 days. Even in other seasons, we cannot predict Florida’s pattern. Instead of getting caught in the ride, waiting for the rain or buying a poncho, prepare the rain for your trip. You will not go wrong at all!
- Pack some swimming glasses or goggles – Most travelers intend or remember to put the bathing suit on their upcoming journey, but many forget to pack their goggles for some extra eye protection against the chlorine in hotel pools, so remember to pack them along.
Orlando is magical at any time of the year, but October is an ideal time to be smart and visit the theme parks. It is just one of the least popular months for travelers, which means the lines are not much crowded, but in Orlando, the weather is warm, with no scorching heat which means it’s a great place to be in! You may experience some rain, or some colder weather, after all, some good vacation planning will help you enjoy your trip to the fullest! We hope you enjoy your time in Orlando and that these simple tips helped you plan your perfect stay.