Things To Do In Orlando In October
- How busy is Orlando in October?
- How hot is Orlando in October?
- What to wear in Orlando in October?
- Things to do in Orlando in October
- Things to do in Disney World in October
- Things to do in Universal Orlando in October
- What to do at Orlando SeaWorld in October?
Orlando Vacation Packages
Choose from our exclusive Orlando Vacation Package Deals or create your own pack to accommodate your stay.
How busy is Orlando in October?
It’s a great time to visit Orlando in October! When you’re lucky, the weather starts to cool, and much can be done.
The main event in October is one of the biggest celebrations of the year in Universal Orlando.
Halloween Horror Nights is the premier Halloween event for the world. It is intended for mature audiences with 10 haunts, 5 scare zones, 2 live shows, and themed food and drinks.
You’ll expect to see a moderate to low audience during the day. But for Halloween Horror Nights it will be extremely busy.
What to wear in Orlando in October?
- Themed attire– It may seem silly, but in the month of Halloween dressing up is kind of the thing to do. At Disney, you can DisneyBound (wearing day clothes that resemble characters) during the day and put on a full costume for the Halloween party. At Universal, wear your favorite HHN shirt or Halloween-inspired get-up.
- A hat – A hat is definitely recommended to block the sun.
- Sandals or comfortable shoes – You will walk a lot, so comfy shoes are a must. The sandals can be for the water parks and beaches.
- Poncho– It might rain and a poncho is a great quick thing to grab.
- Cardigan or light sweater – It can get a little cold at night as we creep into fall.
- Swimming suits – Every theme park also has a water park, the hotels have pools, and the beach isn’t too far.
Things to do in Orlando in October:
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – During the Halloween season, Disney has a fun celebration at the Magic Kingdom park for Halloween. Join Mickey for a party and watch a Halloween parade with him and all the other characters. Have some ghostly fun during the select nights between September and the end of October.
- Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights – You can also enjoy the award-winning Halloween horror fest at Universal Orlando. Universal Studios is transformed into your worst nightmares from September to Halloween. See if you can handle frightening hounts, unique live shows, and other spooky events.
- SeaWorld’s Spooktacular Halloween – Alternatively, Spooktacular Halloween at SeaWorld has a family event. Get tons of candy, dance with a DJ, meet fun characters, and of course, dress up.
- Howl-O-Scream – Busch Gardens in Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando have their own mature event with horror-filled haunted houses, scare zones, entertainment, themed food, and drinks on specific nights.
- Brick or Treat – Legoland in Winter Haven is a family park and for Halloween, they invite the whole family to join them. They have activities, treat trails, dance parties, and the kids are encouraged to dress up.
WALT DISNEY WORLD
Things to do in Disney World in October
Disney World organizes a series of special events in October, including Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, a separately ticketed event that the whole family can enjoy. What else do they have going on?
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic: At the end of October, this two-day event between Swan and Dolphin hotels provides samples of fine dining from around the world.
- Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: This event actually runs from July to November. In World Showcase over 30 booths are set up to provide samples of food and drink for the global foodie.
How late does Disney World open in October?
- Magic Kingdom Park hours from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Epcot – Park hours from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- Disney Hollywood Studios Park hours from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park Hours from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Opening hours in Disney Springs from 10 AM to 12 AM
Disney World October Packing List:
- Crossbody bag – Having a bag for your things and that can be worn onto rides is the best.
- Sunscreen – It is the fall but the sun is still out.
- First aid kit– Accidents happen, especially if you have a little one. The parks have First Aid centers as well.
- Sunglasses – They can help protect your eyes.
- Water – Stay hydrated with a reusable bottle.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™
Things to do in Universal Orlando in October
Halloween Horror Nights (Universal Studios)
The biggest Halloween event of the year is hosted on select nights, at Universal Studios.
This event is planned and built all year long. It s intended for mature audiences as it is scary.
There are 10 haunted houses, 5 scare zones, 2 live shows, and fun-themed food and drinks.
It is a separately ticketed event.
How late is Universal Orlando opened in October?
Universal Studios Florida and Universal Island of Adventure parks are open 365 days a year. In general, park opens at 9.00 AM, however, the closing times have changed due to the nightly parties. Normally, Universal’s Volcano Bay is open from 10 AM to 6 PM.
What to do at SeaWorld in October?
Spooktacular Halloween at SeaWorld: This family-friendly event is on specific days and is included with your day ticket.
Families are encouraged to dress up and gather all the candy.
There will be dance parties, activities, music, and special character meet and greets.