Things To Do in Orlando In March
The weather is pleasant, it isn’t quite Spring break yet and the parks are full of fun.
Orlando Vacation Packages
Choose from our exclusive Orlando Vacation Package Deals or create your own pack to accommodate your stay.
The beginning of March isn’t busy as it is not Spring break yet. As the schools start to go on break the park gets crowded. It is mostly families as the college Spring Breakers tend to go to the beach.
For Florida, it is nice. It is warm and there can be random cold fronts making early March sweater weather. The spring showers do start in the afternoons as well.
Bring what you would for the summer: a swimsuit, shorts, t-shirts, etc. But, have a pair of jeans and a light sweater in case of a sudden cold front.
Waterparks are open year-round unless they are down for refurbishment or inclement weather.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon is a great theme park with a lazy river, water slides, body slides, family rafts, and a big wave pool. It is themed to be a tropical paradise hidden in a lagoon that was part of a typhoon, hence the name. Enjoy the iconic wave pool that you can surf on or an ice cream sundae in a sand pail.
Universal’s Volcano Bay This park, themed to a polynesian island, is a resort-style water park. You tap into rides to hold your space while you enjoy other attractions. You lounge on the beach and order food to your chair. You don’t have to bring your tubes up flights of stairs. It is a vacation from your vacation.
SeaWorld’s Aquatica is A large and ever-expanding park themed to the down under. Enjoy slides that travel with the sea life and two wave pools. There are body slides, tubes, raft rides, and a large play area just for kids. Rent a cabana on the beach and enjoy the sun.
WALT DISNEY WORLD
Things To Do In Disney In March?
Disney has several parks to spread out the crowds. Stick to Magic Kingdom if you have little ones. It will be busy in the latter part of the month, but there are lots of rides there for smaller children to enjoy. If you have older children head to Hollywood studios where the thrill rides are.
Since March can still have cooler nights and mornings, it is always advisable to bring clothes for cold days. If so, be sure to bring your shirt, a long-sleeved shirt or two, capris, jeans, shorts, coats and sweaters.
Compared to Sumer and the Holidays, March is financially a good time to come if you cannot come during the off-season. once it hits easter it is very busy. But early March has cheaper tickets and hotel stays.
- Disney Hollywood Studios 9 am to 10 pm
- Animal Kingdom 9 am to 8 pm
- Epcot 9 am to 9 pm
- Magic Kingdom 9 am to 10 pm
- Early Admission: If you stay on Disney property or in one of the Good neighbor hotels, you can get into the parks a half hour before day guests.
Packing for Orlando is relatively the same for anywhere you go. But, for the parks, there are just a few things to keep in mind.
- Swimsuit: There are water rides in the parks, they have water parks, and you’ll want to have a break from Disney and spend time in the pool.
- Shoes: Wear comfortable sneakers for parks because of all the walking. Sandals for the pool.
- Clothes: Wear breathable clothing and bring extra clothing for little ones who might get dirty or wet on rides.
- Outerwear and other accessories: Bring a poncho and light sweater depending on the weather,
- Hats: On sunny and hot days, hats will protect your eyes and skin from the glaring sun.
- Sunscreen: Since March is usually sunny, apply plenty of sunscreen when traveling to avoid burns.
If you are visiting with children and young adults, you may want to think about some additional items, such as:
- Disney-Themed Clothing: Kids love to wear their favorite Disney-themed clothes while at Disney. Adults do too.
- Costumes: Children under the age of 14 are allowed to wear costumes on Disney property.
- Favorite toys: A nice thing to have for the kids when waiting in line.
- Wet naps: Always a must for little children, because food for them isn’t just good to eat, but fun to wear also!
- ID cards: If you have a teen over 18, they may need to have their ID cards. Make sure that your young adults info is correct.
- Personal Care Items: We recommend that your youngsters bring the bathroom necessities they need. This includes deodorant, facial cleanser (especially for acne patients) and even feminine hygiene products. This way they won’t need to go out of your way to make a necessary trip to the store.
- Phones, headphones, phone chargers: Most young adults like to have technology at their fingertips. Therefore, make sure to pack headphones, phone chargers, and any other technology they need for your trip.
- Bags: Your teens will most likely want to be alone in the park for a snapshot or walk. If so, make sure they have a backpack to keep everything they need.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™
Things To Do In Universal In March
If you are planning to visit Orlando in March you have to try out Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras.
- Cajun food
- Themed drinks
- Parade with beads
- Dance parties
- Live music
Universal Studios Orlando and Universal’s Islands of Adventure are open 365 days a year universal. Working hours usually start at 9:00 AM and the closing hours may vary. Universal Volcano Bay opening hours usually start at 10:00 am and closing times are subject to change.
After a day in theme parks, head to Universal CityWalk, where you can enjoy and relax with great food, refreshing drinks and live music!
The working hours of Universal CityWalk are between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM in the afternoon for 365 days a year.
Here’s what you need on your Universal Orlando packaging list:
- Travel Hat
- Reusable water bottle
- Small Backpack
- An extra bag
Thing To Do In SeaWorld In March
SeaWorld Orlando is open 365 days a year. The park is usually open from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM .
- Ponchos: Some of the rides you will get wet on.
- Water bottles: No Outside food or beverages are allowed inside the park.
- Hat and sunglasses: Protect your eyes and skin by throwing a hat on.
- Comfortable shoes: There is quite a bit of walking and the park is designed for you to visit the whole park.