There’s always something exciting happening at Walt Disney World, and summer of 2014 won’t be an exception. From Star Wars Weekends, to the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series, discover what the happiest place on earth has in store for you this summer.
2014 Star Wars Weekends
The true Star Wars fan is in for a treat this summer. This thrilling event has been going on at Disney’s Hollywood Studios since 1991, but in 2014 they’ve added an extra Star Wars weekend to ensure everyone has a chance to partake in the fun. The event takes place every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from May 16th – June 15th. This year’s theme is “Join the Rebellion”, and they’ve brought back some of the favorite activities and added some new ones, too:
- Celebrity Host James Arnold Taylor Returns. The popular host, who has long been a Star Wars Weekend fan favorite, has voiced literally hundreds of animated characters – including Obi-Wan Kenobi on “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” and returns again as the official host of Star Wars Weekends.
- Mark Hamill to Appear for the First Time Ever. The actor who starred as Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy will be at the 2014 festival from June 6 – 8. He’ll be in the “Legends of the Force” motorcade, and will also take part in a talk show.
- The First Ever Star Wars-Themed Character Meals. For a truly immersive experience, fans can book a character meal at either Sci-Fi Dine In for breakfast, or dinner at Hollywood & Vine. There they can see a host of characters, from Mickey to Minnie, dressed up as their favorite Star Wars characters.
On June 13th, 2014, head on out to the Walt Disney World Speedway for a unique event: the Fittipaldi Cup. This half-day adventure features the 2014 winner of the Rolex 24, Christian Fittipaldi, and lucky participants can drive karts, supercars, and even street cars, in numerous timed and scored events. The list of cars is extensive, and includes Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Audis.
Car Masters Weekend
Are you a super Cars fan? If so, then Cars Master Weekend is the special event for you! There are many different events within this special weekend, which happens June 14th and June 15th. Some of the fun you can expect includes:
- Character Meet ‘N Greet: Say hello to some of your favorite Cars characters – and get your picture taken, too!
- Downtown Disney Car Show: With more than 150 classic cars, you can cruise up and down Downtown Disney and check out your favorite classic cars, muscle cars, and exotic cars. Stick around for the awards show and see who takes top prize.
- Meet Automotive Legends: Take the opportunity to get up close and personal at numerous special appearances by some of the most respected names in racing.
- Shop for Unique Car Masters Merchandise: You’ll see unique Cars-themed items for sale, and souvenirs of this year’s event that you can’t buy anywhere else.
***Insider tip: When you visit Downtown Disney for this special event, don’t be dismayed if you’re caught in an afternoon rain shower. Just head over to the interactive Disney Quest and wait out the storm.
Sounds Like Summer Concert Series
Stop by the World Showcase in Epcot from June 8th to July 26th and rock along to cover bands of some of your favorite blasts from the past. With a new tribute each week, there’s something here for everyone to enjoy:
- June 8th – June 14th – A salute to the Eagles
- June 15th – June 21st – Journey tribute band
- June 22nd – June 28th – A tribute to Billy Joel
- June 29th – July 5th – Boston tribute band
- July 6th – July 12th – Bee Gees tribute
- July 13th – July 19th – Bon Jovi tribute band
- July 20th – July 26th – U2 cover band
The shows take place every night at 5:30, 6:45, and 8:00 pm, except on July 4th when the fun starts at 5:15, 6:30, 7:45, and 9:00 pm.
As you can see, there’s a lot going on at Disney World this summer! To get the best deal on discounted Disney World tickets, hotels, vacation homes, or complete vacation packages, let the experts at Orlandovacation.com show you the way!