Whether it’s a group of 10 or a group of 100, organizing a trip to Disney World is not without its challenges. While there will be many things to consider, and many of them will depend on what your particular group wants to do, this checklist is a great place to start as you consider all the things you’ll need to plan for.
- Accommodations. You’ll have options that include resort hotels where you can request blocks of adjoining rooms, or spacious vacation homes that are often more affordable and include private pools and full kitchens.
- Meals and snacks. You may decide to eat every meal in the parks, you may decide to bring plenty of snacks from your resort or vacation home, or you may leave the parks during the day to dine at local Orlando restaurants. No matter what you choose, it’s smart to have a plan and make sure everyone’s on board. Remember that many restaurants in the parks require reservations and fill up well ahead of time.
- Park tickets. You can buy tickets when you get to the parks, but you’ll have to wait in a potentially long line at Guest Relations, won’t be able to make advance FastPass+ selections, and will have to pay full price. Check into discount theme tickets before you leave.
- Travel arrangements. Don’t assume that any particular mode of transportation is going to be the cheapest. For example, a large group may find a better rate hiring a bus to take them to Orlando compared to flying. You may find it easier to rent a car or van for the entirety of your stay, or you may find it easier to hire a driver to pick up your party on the days you need transportation.
- Plans, plans, and more plans. The above items will be valid for almost any group that’s traveling to Disney World, but your group will have many other needs more specific to your group. Take a look at the long list of group travel planning resources to find information on the specific issues you’re worried about.
If you consider the most important issues well before your trip, you’ll be able to sit back and enjoy yourself when you finally walk through the gates at The Magic Kingdom