As you decide which Disney World attractions to use your FastPass+ on, there are numerous factors to consider. One of the key components many people forget are the lines themselves. Some rides have incredible interactive queues that are almost worth the trip alone. Here’s a comprehensive list of all lines with interactive queues.
Magic Kingdom rides with themed or interactive lines
Some lines are simply heavily themed, meaning there’s plenty to do, while others are actually interactive. Let’s review all of the options in Magic Kingdom and which ones are worth seeing.
- Haunted Mansion. There are tons of great things to see and do in this line. The best time to go through is within the first two hours of park opening.
- Here there’s an entire indoor play area for kids! Using FastPass+ totally bypasses it, so if you’re interested in the play area you’ll need to go in the standby line.
- Winnie the Pooh. There are numerous hands-on activities in this line. Using FastPass+ still lets you see and experience a few of them, but you’ll be going by quickly.
- Space Mountain. There are video games to make the long lines more bearable but they’re not worth doing for the sake of doing.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. This one is tricky. The interactive elements are truly amazing, but the line can be hours long. Try getting to this ride within the first hour the park opens to avoid long lines but still be able to see the interactive elements.
- Journey of the Little Mermaid. There are tons of great details in this line but you can see most of them buzzing by in the FastPass+ line.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Some new, updated queue elements are cool but not worth the long lines.
- Peter Pan’s Flight. This is another newly revamped line with some very cool themed elements. Still, the line can be unbearably long. Best to use FastPass+ for this one.
There is only one ride in Epcot with an interactive queue: Soarin’. At the moment, it’s closed to improve this queue. Before the improvements it was certainly not worth seeing, but only time will tell if the improvements make it a must-see.
Hollywood Studios is undergoing some serious changes, thanks to the building of both Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land. At the moment there are a few rides with interactive queues. Who knows what the park will look like in just a few years!
- Toy Story Midway Mania. There’s lots to see in this queue but nothing worth waiting in the 120+ minute long lines.
- Tower of Terror. This is likely the most impressively themed queue in all four parks. However, everyone gets to see it FastPass+ or not.
- Star Tours. Fans of the movies will love the queue, but once again most details can be experienced from the FastPass+ line too.
The only ride in Animal Kingdom with noteworthy theming is Expedition Everest. It’s not worth waiting in a long line for though, so we recommend either using a FastPass+, taking advantage of the single rider line, or visiting it right when the park opens or in the last hour the park is open.