Best Non Disney Hotels In Orlando
Are you planning a trip to Disney World and not sure where to stay? Check
out this helpful list of advantages and disadvantages to staying at an off-site
Disney hotel. Using this guide you will learn the criteria for finding the
best non-Disney hotels in Orlando.
- Off-site hotels generally offer more amenities and lower prices than on-site properties.
- The best non Disney hotels off-site are typically much larger. This is a huge advantage especially if you are staying for more than five days.
- Off-site hotels will allow you to put five people in a hotel room and at least six people in a suite. If you stay on-site the vast majority of standard rooms will only allow four people.
- Most off-site hotels offer free shuttle service to Disney World, and many also offer free shuttle service to Universal Studios and SeaWorld.
- Orlando has a lot more to offer than just Disney World. Staying in one of the best non-Disney hotels makes it easier to experience the many putt-putt golf courses, great family restaurants, huge shopping venues, and many of our smaller theme parks such as Gator Land or Fun Land.
- Most off-site hotels offer discounted tickets to Disney World, Universal and SeaWorld if you stay with them.
- There are many hotels that offer free breakfast.
- If you're traveling at the last minute, many of the best non-Disney hotels in Orlando offer exceptional last-minute specials - even during the busy season.
Watch This Video About The Advantages Of Staying Off Disney Property
- Hotel quality greatly varies. If you stay in one of the best non Disney hotels though, you should not have a problem.
- Transportation to and from Disney World can be difficult - especially during high seasons.
- Off-site guests don't have access to Extra Magic Hours, where one park every day is either open an hour early or two hours late for on-site guests.
- The staff at off-site hotels may not be as familiar with Orlando attractions.
- Many off-site hotels are sharing shuttle services with other hotel properties. During the busy season this can lead to cramped buses.
- Guests staying off-site can book their FastPass+ attractions 30 days in advance, while those staying on Disney property can book them at 60 days. The good news is that with the exception of one or two rides, you'll still have plenty of options at 30 days out.
Watch This Video About The Disadvantages Of Staying Off Disney Property
If you were to ask me where you should stay when traveling to Orlando, my
answer would be simple: stay in one of the best non Disney hotels that are
still near Disney World. While opinions will vary on this subject, the reality
is that off-site Disney World hotels are much more affordable and offer many
more amenities than you’ll find at on-site hotels.
*HELPFUL TIP* Be careful: hotel quality does vary quite a bit in Orlando. You may want to choose a hotel which is associated with a national franchise.
Call 1.800.641.4008 to book an
Orlando Hotel near Disney World today!