Christmas time is the busiest time of the year to visit Disney World, but don’t let this scare you. The lines at Disney World stay pretty consistent year round. During the slower months of September or October they might only have 1 roller coaster on the track while during the busier times, they will have 3 roller coasters on the track.
Here are a few tips you might want to consider when visiting Disney World during the busiest of times:
1. Get to the parks early– Did you know that during our busiest days some of the Disney World parks will actually reach full capacity and the Orlando Fire Marshall will not allow anymore guests to enter that particular park for 3 to 4 hours. If a park is going to be shut down for over- population it usually will happen after 11:30…so plan on getting to the parks around 9:30 or 10:00. Another small tip if you are planning on hoping from park to park is to ask a customer service representative about the status of the park you are about to hop to, they should be able to tell you if that park is open for new guests or not.
2. Go Left- The Disney World Theme Parks are built in a large circle, and most guest follow all the other guests and when they enter the park and head to the right. Well, if you take the path to the left, only about 20% of the people go this way, you will actually have fewer lines for at least your first ride.
3. Use your Fast Passes– The fast pass is an electronic system where you can make a reservation for a ride or attraction. You put your theme ticket into the electronic system, and it will print out a receipt for you. This receipt will tell you the time which you may return to the ride, and not have to wait in any lines. You may use 5 fast passes a day and the fast passes cannot be made within 1 hour of each other.
4. Make Reservations– If there is a special restaurant you want to eat at, make reservations. Disney is a first class resort and there are literally hundreds of great places to eat. You can make a reservation by calling 407-wdw-dine.
5. Slow Down and enjoy yourself– Remember this is a vacation…slow down and enjoy yourself. Don’t stress yourself out about the crowds or trying to see everything. Just slow down…Disney World is truly a Magical Place!