Things To Do In Orlando In September
In September, classes are back. This is a great time to explore local attractions with normal crowd levels. That is during the day. For those parks that have evening Halloween events at night, it will get very busy.
- How busy is Orlando in September?
- How Hot is Orlando in September?
- What to wear in September in Orlando?
- What to do in September in Orlando?
- Things to do in September at Disney World?
- Things to do in Universal Orlando in September?
- Things to do in September at SeaWorld Orlando?
Orlando Vacation Packages
Choose from our exclusive Orlando Vacation Package Deals or create your own pack to accommodate your stay.
How busy is Orlando in September??
The September season shows you a great time to visit Orlando with a better atmosphere, a smaller crowd, and fun and seasonal activities. This is the first full month in which school is back in session.
During the day it can still be pleasantly warm and moderately busy. event on days where there are Halloween events. That is because most people are saving their energy for the night and aren’t going to come to the parks until those events start.
So plan a trip during September. the wits will be less during the day and the weather will be tolerable.
The biggest thing to note is to check the park calendar of Universal Studios, SeaWorld, and Magic Kingdom. They close early on specific days for their Halloween events and you don’t want to be caught off guard.
What to do in September in Orlando?
In September, there are lots of fun events going on. Most are centered around Halloween for all different ages.
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival: Enjoy traveling around the world in Orlando in September. For more than 35 individual booths around the lagoon offering snacks, desserts, and drinks.
- Halloween Horror Nights in Universal: In September, Orlando has its biggest event of the year. With 10 haunted houses, 5 scare zones, 2 live shows, themed food, drinks and so much more. This event is extremely popular and is intended for mature audiences with a separate ticket.
- Magical Dining: This event involves a set menu at a set cost. But it is so worth it. It’s an excellent opportunity to eat from high-end restaurants for less. VisitOrlando donates the profits to charity.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party: The Magic Kingdom hosts this fun nightly party for all ages. Families are encouraged to dress up and have fun with special meet and greets. Try themed treats, go down treat trails, watch live shows and finish the night with a parade and fireworks. This event is on specific nights and is separately ticketed.
- Howl-O-Scream: Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando have their own creepy Halloween event on select nights. Fied with haunted houses, scare zones, live entertainment, and food and drinks. This event is growing in popularity and is also separately ticketed.
- Spooktacular: Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando also have a family-friendly Halloween event on specific days. this event is part of day admission and fun for everyone. They encourage costumes. Kids can get candy, meet fun characters, and go to a dance party.
- Brick Or Treat: LEGOLAND Florida has a fun Halloween event for kids during the day on specific days. it is included with admission and is fun for all. kids can dress up, get candy, participate in crafts and activities and finish the day off with shows and a dance party.
WALT DISNEY WORLD
How late does Disney World open in September?
- Magic Kingdom Park opens from 9:00 AM at 9:00 PM
- Epcot – Open from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- The Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Open from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Disney Animal Kingdom is Open from 9:00 am to 8 PM
- Disney Blizzard Beach Water Park opens from 10:00 AM at 5:00 PM
- Disney Springs opens from 10 AM to 12 noon
Walt Disney World September Packing List?
Here are a few items to bring to help with your visit.
- Cross body bags– Having a bag you can easily wear and remove with easy access to items like tickets, can help make your trip more efficient.
- Sun glasses or sunglasses – It’s fall but the sun is still out. Protect those eyes.
- Snacks – Help curb being angry while waiting in line. Also, this can help with costs so you aren’t buying snacks in the park.
- Tickets- This may go without saying but make sure you know where your tickets are. Have more than one way to get them. If they are in an email, download them or screen capture them. or have them printed.
- Comfortable shoes – You will be walking a lot, protect those toes.
- Water bottle – Stay hydrated with a reusable water bottle and this will cut costs from having to buy them in the park.
- Raincoat / Poncho – It is very likely it will rain.
- Portable charger – Even if you don’t use Genie+, you will have your phone out for pictures and don’t want it losing power right when you get the perfect shot.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™
How late is Universal Orlando open in September?
Universal Studios Florida and Universal Adventure are open 365 days a year. In general, working hours start at 9 AM and the closing times can be changed. Usually, Volcano Bay starts opening hours at 10 AM and your schedule can be changed.
Check the calendar however to see when Halloween Horror Nights is as the park will close early for this event.
Things to do in September at SeaWorld Orlando?
- Howl-O-Scream: This event is relatively new to SeaWorld, but has had great success being a local haunt for Halloween. You can get one day or a multi-day ticket to return again and again. For an add-on, you can get the front-of-line pass or a VIP Tour.
- Spooktacular : New Visitors of all ages can celebrate with the new Sesame Street Halloween Parade. Families can enjoy in costume, grab treats and meet fun characters. Included with day ticket, on specific days.