Things To Do In Orlando In May
Though the calendar always says spring, this month you may need help to overcome Florida’s warmth; It looks like another summer in May at Magic Kingdom when you visit on your first day of your Disney World Packages. You can expect busy days. Most American schools don’t go out in the summer until the end of May as a result you should be expecting an increase in the number of people in the parks on any given day.
- How busy is Orlando in May?
- What to wear in Orlando in May?
- What to do in Orlando in May?
- Are Orlando water parks open in May?
- Best Orlando hotels in May?
- Weather In Orlando At May?
- Things to do in Disney World in May?
- Things to do in Universal Orlando in May?
- Things to do in SeaWorld Orlando in May?
Orlando Vacation Packages
Choose from our exclusive Orlando Vacation Package Deals or create your own pack to accommodate your stay.
Mid-May is a great time to visit Orlando. The summer heat has not come in full force; the summer crowd is slowly arriving. People have just finished their Spring Break and may not be planning their next vacation until the summer or the Holiday season. So it will be busy but you can navigate the parks easier.
Since the Florida sun can be incredibly difficult, the first element of any packaging list must be sunscreen! A bad sunburn can totally affect your Orlando vacation. You’ll also need to pack light clothes that are easy to wear. Comfortable shorts, t-shirts, and sneakers are suitable for most days spent in the park. Get a nice dress or a pair of pants and a shirt for a more formal dinner. Some less common items that visitors sometimes forget in their Universal Orlando vacation packages:
- Laundry bag for wet swimsuits or other dirty products
- A lightweight and foldable backpack for collecting items in the park
Aside from all the events in the parks including Flower and Garden in Epcot, the surrounding attractions have a lot to offer too.
- Try tickets to the zoo. Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens.
- Day Trips to Cape Canaveral to visit Kenndey Space Center
- Nature and nature Airboat travels through the Everglades in central Florida and encounters Orlando crocodiles.
- Tour the Crystal River with nature and nature Everglades water bus rides and optional sea animal adventures.
- Aquatica – The Aquatica water park is part of SeaWorld, south of Orlando city center. Try the incredible “Reef Plunge”, a ride that lets you float in a transparent tube where dolphins swim in the surrounding pool. There is a wave pool, lazy river, rapids, a kids play area, food, bars and tons of slides.
- Discovery Cove- This unique park is also part of SeaWorld and lets you get up close to animals in the all-inclusive resort. You can swim with Dolphins and float by otters. You can enjoy the lagoons, and rivers as well as you explore the scenery and meet the animals. Food and drinks are included.
- Volcano Bay Universal – This is unlike any water park. It is more like a resort on a pacific island. Here you tap in to hold your place in line. Instead of standing in the hot sun, you can play in the wave pool until it’s your turn to ride the slides. Tubes and rafts are carried up the stairs for you by conveyors and the walkways are sprayed down constantly to protect your feet from the heat. You can lounge or play with several slides, an aqua coaster, bars, cabanas, and more.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach – Themed to look like a ski resort-turned water park. This quirky park has rides for the whole family and like the other Disney water park inclusive of all sizes. There are a wave pool, slides, and areas just for teens and kids to escape the sun in the water. (Temporarily Closed)
- Disney Typhoon Lagoon – Like Blizzard Beach, this Disney water park is made for everyone and has no weight limits on slides. It also houses the most intense wave pool in central Florida. it can e programmed to go surfing on, which you can sign up for as lessons. It has cabanas, a beach, pools, a lazy river, and food and loungers. Try the ice cream sundae in a sand pail!
Orlando Hotels you can visit near Disney World with exceptional customer service and best prices. Other guest might be interested in vacation packages in Orlando include hotels or vacation homes and Disney World discounted tickets, SeaWorld tickets, Universal tickets, dinner shows and more…
WALT DISNEY WORLD
Orlando is the ultimate travel destination. Because there are so many interesting things to try in a short time, tourists often find it overwhelming when they are preparing for their journey. An easy way to reduce this stress is to check your packing list. From clothing to snacks, this list covers just about everything you need to bring.
- Chargers – Don’t forget your phone charger, but also bring portable ones. Whether it’s to keep your tablet running to play videos while waiting in line or to keep genie+ refreshed a portable charger is important.
- Light Clothes – Florida is warm, so bring clothing that breathes. Linen and cotton are great and natural fabrics. Bring shorts, t-shirts, and for the adventurous-themed attired. You won’t be the only one sporting ears and a robe, so bring it! Sneakers are a must for all the walking, leave the flip-flops for the pool.
- Additional Bags – Yes bring a suitcase, but also bring bags to carry items in the park. If you have a stroller you can hold a lot of items there. But, if you can fit it in a side bag it will help to get on rides faster. A cross-body bag is the most ideal as most rides allow to bring it on without having to go to a locker.
- Sunscreen / sunglasses – Combat the sun with SPF! No matter where you are from the sun here in Florida does not play. Bring SPF lip balm or UV reflective shirts. Every little bit helps.
- Snacks – Food in the parks can get pricey, so bring your own snacks. Most places will let you bring in snacks, especially if you have little ones or dietary needs.
- Water bottle – You can refill your water bottle anywhere in the park for free by the bathrooms or if you go to most quick services they may hand you a disposable cup with water.
- Electric fan – If you can get one that is portable it can help with the waits in line to be the heat. Also, try to get a cooling towel to place on your neck.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™
- When booking a room at during the Memorial Day weekend, higher rates may apply during the high season.
- Express Pass for Universal is included with their Premier Resorts
- Make sure to prepare (and use) sunscreen to prevent sunburn, and remember to apply again throughout the day for continued protection.
- Don’t push yourself and if you are staying near by take a break and go back to hotel to cool off and enjoy the pool
- Electric Ocean: Night shows are back for the summer season and include fireworks, lasers, and fountains. When the sun goes down, the park comes to life under the influence of SeaWorld’s Ocean Electric.
- The Seven-Sea food festival: Sample local craft beers and drinks and food. Even enjoy some live music on weekends.