Things To Do In Orlando In January
Continue the Christmas cheer during part of the month of January. Some Christmas entertainment will continue to take place and the decorations will appear until the first half of this month. The big draw in January is the Epcot Festival of the Arts and the Disney World Marathon. Apart from these great events, January stays relatively quiet.
Orlando Vacation Packages
Choose from our exclusive Orlando Vacation Package Deals or create your own pack to accommodate your stay.
How busy is Orlando in January?
January can be within the same month, polar opposites. There can still be residual crowds from New Year until visitors head home after the holidays. January can be a great time to visit Orlando because of the climate. Florida is cooler and has better weather for visiting the theme parks. You can get the lowest prices of a year at the Universal hotels. The festive events offered in the parks in November and December end in January and seasonal decorations and crowds fall. However, celebrations usually last until the first week of the month. After the first days of January, you can expect the Walt Disney World crowd to return home.
Winter is a more relaxing season at Disney World. So when you sleep in, you can experience many rides and attractions without having to wait the long lines. It should be easier to secure the desired room at a price you can afford. You can also get a chance to eat at the most coveted Disney restaurants.
How cold is January in Orlando?
Average temperatures can help you determine what the weather is like in January. This makes it helpful to plan a month in advance. January is the coldest month of the year, but it has days that are still warm and comfortable. It is not a rainy season, so you should be able to enjoy it while avoiding issues with the weather.
Orlando has fantastic weather, but there are still some deviations from month to month. Orlando is warm in winter, which makes it a popular place for those who want to escape from the cold.
But it can fluctuate easily from warm to cold to rainy. So pack accordingly.
What to wear in Orlando in January?
You can wear jeans or shorts if you prefer. If you plan to being in the park all day, you might want to bring a jacket, because it can get a little cold in the morning and at night. You should wear comfortable shoes and maybe even pack a pair of flip-flops in case it rains and your shoes get drenched. If you really want to be prepared, you could bring a raincoat, poncho or umbrella just in case.
Things to do in Orlando in January?
Like to shop around? Then Disney’s Boardwalk is the place to go. This spectacular complex of shops and restaurants, located on Crescent Lake neighboring Epcot, reflects the atmosphere of the Atlantic coast beach resort of the early twentieth century and for a great sightseeing spot.
Take advantage of the short trip down that will lead you to International Gateway and bring you to Epcot. People love to eat and drink around the world.
Orlando Shakespeare Theater
If you are more interested in your classic literature, visit the Orlando Shakespeare Theater in the beautiful Loch Haven Cultural Park. It offers many shows and performances throughout the year. It is an excellent way to spend a night in Orlando, with even a theater for a young audience.
Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
For those interested in one of the worst maritime disasters in history, visit the Titanic Artifact Exhibition on International Drive. Immerse yourself in a 100-year story, while actors trained in vintage costumes will guide you through the history of the Titanic. The recently redesigned museum offers 10 complete replicas of ships, including the Great Stairs, as well as 400 historical treasures and artifacts found in the ruins.
Titanic dinner program
Why not return to the Titanic dinner on a Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday night? The Titanic First Class Dinner Gala includes a Captain’s cocktail party, a tour of Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition, a first-class dinner, and reenactments of the night of April 14, 1912.
The best hotel in Orlando in January?
Hotels in Orlando that you can visit near Disney World with exceptional customer service and the best prices. Close to Disney World, you’ll find the Clarion Hotel Universal Studios, Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites with Waterpark, Red Lion Lake Buena Vista South with Waterpark, the Lake Buena Vista Comfort Inn, the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista and many more.
Is the Orlando water park open in January?
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach – The concept in this park is a bit crazy but certainly fun; It is based on the assumption that this place was once a ski resort that was “combined with the magical land of water”. The result is the coexistence of snow-capped mountains that can slide along sandy beaches to rest on the warm and unusual “artificial” water. One of the most important attractions is Mount Gushmore, the site of one of the tallest and fastest water slides in the world, and many other attractions, such as slides and other attractions that are not occupied throughout the day.
- Aquatica – This theme park is one of Orlando’s most famous water parks (and there are several of them) at SeaWorld Orlando, south of downtown. The “Dolphin-Plunge” is the best entertainment for slides and water attractions. Here you can move through a visible tube, where the dolphins float around the pool. The vast 59-acre park is open throughout the year.
- Discovery Cove – Swim with the dolphins is a typical feature in the list of activities that must or should be experienced before death, and the activities that this water park can perform. Dolphin Lagoon is located in the core of the water park, opposite SeaWorld Orlando, and offers 30 minutes to one of these wonderful creatures where they can play, swim, touch, and even learn to interact with him in the dorsal fin. All this is under the watching eye of expert trainers to ensure there are no guests or injured animals. Discovery Cove is the sister park of Aquatica Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando and hosts a natural recreation environment where you can communicate with wild nature.
- The Typhoon Lagoon at Disney world – The water park has more than 10 slides, with the “double mountain train” “Humunga Kowabunga” “Crush ‘n’ Gusher”, with five pronounced derivatives, and the “Bay ” and “Storm” slides, which are slightly slower and more open, aimed at young children. In other parts of the park, there is a large waterfall circuit. Disney’s water park is a little more than a simple slide. Surfers will enjoy this water park’s Surf Pool, which creates six-foot-high waves with strong turbines underwater. Ticket holders can also dive into sharks and rays, swim with sharks, and tropical water animals, perhaps the best tourist attraction in this park.
- Universal Volcano Bay – The Universal water park is one of Orlando’s most famous attractions, thanks to a 200-meter cone that roars and sends out lava fluid at night. This is the only water park of Universal Orlando Resort. They offer a good combination of relaxing walks, such as slow rivers and wave pools, as well as more modern fast rides, such as the aqua coaster and the 70-degree drop slides. Tapu Tapu holds your place in line and you don’t have to carry your rafts up the stairs.
WALT DISNEY WORLD
Things to do at Disney World in January?
Walt Disney World weekend marathon: runners like to visit Disney World this month to participate in the annual Disney marathon, which also includes a half marathon. However, the beginners of this sport can also participate in healthy pleasures, registering at a distance of 5 or 10 km. Even children play with stretches of 100 and 200 meters, diapers for small children, and challenge millions of older children.
How late is Disney World open in January?
- Magic Kingdom Park opens from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Additional magic time from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Epcot – open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios open from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Disney Animal Kingdom opens from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Disney Water Parks open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Disney Springs opens from 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Check the Disney website for official hours.
Disney World January packing List
Bring layers. The weather can change very quickly. Here are some other things you want to bring to Disney in the winter months.
- Swimwear: When it comes to swimsuits, don’t forget them. The parks have water rides and pools are usually heated.
- Jackets and coats: It can be warm in the morning and cold at night.
- Clothing: Bring clothes you can layer for any weather.
- Hats and gloves: Check the weather but it can get cold enough for a beanie or gloves.
- Shoes: Wear comfortable shoes. You will be walking alot.
- Poncho and umbrella: It can rain so have a poncho ready.
- Sun protection: Even if it is cold the sun will be out. bring sunblock, sunglasses and a hat.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™
Things to do at Universal Orlando in January?
- The Ring the New Year with Eve, a party at Universal CityWalk. The event includes live music and DJs, unlimited food, and special events at the CityWalk club and on the open stage. Please note that this event is for people over 21 years old and requires a separate ticket.
- The Christmas holidays, including Christmas at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Grinchmas, and Universal Holiday Parade Featuring Macy’s, usually last until the first week of January.
Universal Orlando January packing list
- Additional snacks
- Plastic bags that can be resealed in different sizes
- Camera, optional camera battery, and additional memory card
- An additional phone battery or an external charger
- Rain poncho
- Bandages and antibiotic creams
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Additional sunscreen: hats, sunglasses
- Cargo pants or shorts with a zip pocket
- First aid kit for families
- An extension cable that supports multiple plug-ins
Things to do at SeaWorld Orlando in January?
Celebration of three Kings Day: Families are invited to commemorate the arrival of the 3 wise men during the SeaWorld Orlando party of the three kings’ day. This live event makes SeaWorld’s holiday season an extraordinary closure, with a distinctive cuisine and experiences of Latin American culture.
How late is SeaWorld Orlando open in January?
SeaWorld Orlando is open 365 days a year. For the safety of our guests and animals, attractions and exhibits are sometimes shut down for improvements at the park.
Check the SeaWorld website for official hours.
SeaWorld Orlando January packing list
- Backpack for the park
- Facial cream for the sun
- Light sweater
- Water bottle
- Running shoes
- first aid
- Laundry bag
There are a lot of things to do in Orlando in January. January is a good month to take your child to Orlando for the first time. The climate is light. It is also the perfect time to visit some of Disney’s outdoor activities, such as biking, horseback riding, and camping. Prepare your running shoes and take with you some T-shirts. Take part in the live marathon celebrations at Disney World in January, with events for each member of the family.