Things To Do In Orlando In January
Continue the Christmas cheer during part of the month of January. Some of Christmas entertainment will continue to take place and the decorations will appear until the first half of this month. The big draw in January is the Epcot Festival of the Arts and the Disney World Marathon. Apart from these great events, January stays relatively quiet.
Orlando Vacation Packages
Choose from our exclusive Orlando Vacation Package Deals or create your own pack to accommodate your stay.
How busy is Orlando in January?
January can be within the same month, polar opposites. There can still be residual crowds from New Years until visitors head home after the holidays. January can be a great time to visit Orlando because the climate. Florida is cooler and more better weather for visiting the theme parks. You can get the lowest prices of a year at the Universal hotels. The festive events offered in the parks in November and December end in January and seasonal decorations and crowds fall. However, celebrations usually last until the first week of the month. After the first days of January, you can expect the Walt Disney World crowd to return home.
Winter is a free and relaxing season at Disney World. So when you sleep in, you can experience many rides and attractions without having to wait the long lines. It should be easier to secure the desired room at a price you can afford. You can also get a chance to eat at the most coveted Disney restaurants.
How cold is January in Orlando?
Average temperatures can help you determine what the weather is like in January. This makes it helpful to plan month in advance. January is the coldest month of the year, but it has days that are still warm and comfortable. It is not a rainy season, so you should be able to enjoy it while avoiding issues with the weather.
Orlando has fantastic weather, but there are still some deviations from month to month. Orlando is warm in winter, which makes it a popular place for those who want to escape from the cold. J The first week of the month can be very busy since December, Christmas holidays just ended. So visit later if you want to avoid the crowd. January is characterized by a contrast between warm days and cold nights. Though one of the coldest months, it has an average highs of 72°F (22°C) and lows of 51°F (10°C). At it’s coldest, the temperature dipped to 36°F (2°C) this year (2021), but that is rare for Orlando.
The average hours of sun and solar exposure time in January is slightly less than 220 hours. There is an average sun time of 7 hours per day and since Florida is closer to the equator, it makes the sun fairly constant throughout the year.
There is only the possibility of low rainfall with an average monthly precipitation of 57 mm and not very humid. Therefore, if you want a nice winter vacation, you should visit in January. However, this is not entirely predictable and climate changes may vary.
What to wear in Orlando in January?
You can wear jeans or shorts if you prefer. If you plan to being in the park all day, you might want to bring a jacket, because it can get a little cold in the morning and at night. You should wear comfortable shoes and maybe even pack a pair of flip flops in case it rains and your shoes get drenched. If you really want to be prepared, you could bring a raincoat, poncho or umbrella just in case. Pack a light sweater or jacket in case the temperature drops.
Things to do in Orlando in January?
Like to shop around? Then Disney’s Boardwalk is the place to go. This spectacular complex of shops and restaurants, located on Crescent Lake neighboring Epcot, reflects the atmosphere of the Atlantic coast beach resort of the early twentieth century and for a great sightseeing spot.
Take advantage of the short trip down that will lead you to International Gateway and bring you to Epcot. It one of the four Disney World theme parks with the Mission: SPACE a rocket ship simulator. You can experience what it’s like to travel to the moon or fly around the world in a handglider simulation in the Soarin’ Ride. Start a global adventure in the World Showcase, where you will find shops and restaurants that represent countries from Mexico to Morocco.
Orlando Shakespeare Theater
– If you are more interested in your classic literature, visit the Orlando Shakespeare Theater in the beautiful Loch Haven Cultural Park. It offers many shows and performances throughout the year. It is an excellent way to spend a night in Orlando, with even a theater for a young audience. They organize workshops if you want to prove yourself as a “thespain.”
Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
For those interested in one of the worst maritime disasters in history, visit the Titanic Artifact Exhibition on International Drive. Immerse yourself in a 100-year story, while actors trained in vintage costumes will guide you through the history of the Titanic. The recently redesigned museum offers 10 complete replicas of ships, including the Great Stairs, as well as 400 historical treasures and artifacts found in the ruins.
Titanic dinner program
Why not return to the Titanic dinner on a Wednesday, Friday or Saturday night? The Titanic First Class Dinner Gala includes a Captain’s cocktail party, a tour of Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition, a first-class dinner, and reenactments of the night of April 14, 1912.
The best hotel in Orlando in January?
Hotels in Orlando that you can visit near Disney World with exceptional customer service and the best prices. Close to Disney World, you’ll find the Clarion Hotel Universal Studios, Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites with Waterpark, Red Lion Lake Buena Vista South with Waterpark, the Lake Buena Vista Comfort Inn, the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista and many more.
Is the Orlando water park open in January?
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach – The concept in this park is a bit crazy but certainly fun; It is based on the assumption that this place was once a ski resort that was “combined with the magical land of water”. The result is the coexistence of snow-capped mountains that can slide along sandy beaches to rest on the warm and unusual “artificial” water. One of the most important attractions is Mount Gushmore, the site of one of the tallest and fastest water slides in the world, and many other attractions, such as slides and other attractions that are not occupied throughout the day. Hours: every day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Aquatica – This theme park is one of Orlando’s most famous water parks (and there are several of them) at SeaWorld Orlando, south of downtown. The “Dolphin-Plunge” is the best entertainment for slides and water attractions. Here you can move through a visible tube, where the dolphins float around the pool. The vast 59-hectare park is open throughout the year. Daily pass to this park cost $ 47 or the Aquatica + SeaWorld combined ticket is available for USD 126. Hours: from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every day.
- Discovery Cove – Swim with the dolphins is a typical feature in the list of activities that must or should be experienced before death, and the activities that this water park can perform. Dolphin Lagoon is located in the core of the water park, opposite SeaWorld Orlando, and offers 30 minutes to one of these wonderful creatures where they can play, swim, touch and even learn to interact with him in the dorsal fin. All this under the watch eye of expert trainers to ensure there are no guests or injured animals. Discovery Cove is the sister park of Aquatica Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando and hosts a natural recreation environment where you can communicate with wild nature. Hours of opening are from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
- The Typhoon Lagoon at Disney world – The water park has more than 10 slides, with the “double mountain train” “Humunga Kowabunga” “Crush ‘n’ Gusher”,with five pronounced derivatives and the “Bay ” and “Storm” slides, which are slightly more slow and more open, aimed at young children. In other parts of the park there is a large waterfall circuit. Disney’s water park is a little more than a simple slide. Surfers will enjoy this water park’s Surf Pool, which creates six-foot-high waves with strong turbines underwater. Ticket holders can also dive into sharks and rays, swim with sharks, and tropical water animal, perhaps the best tourist attraction in this park. Hours: every day from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Universal Volcano Bay – The Universal water park is one of Orlando’s most famous attractions, thanks to a 200-meter cone that roars and sends out lava fluid at nights. This is the only water park of Universal Orlando Resort. They offer a good combination of relaxing walks, such as slow rivers and wave pools, as well as more modern fast rides, such as the aqua coaster and the 70 degree diving slides. There are many lockers present and you may save money on the bracelet by giving you money for drinks and snacks throughout the day. Hours: from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every day.
WALT DISNEY WORLD
Things to do at Disney World in January?
Walt Disney World weekend marathon: runners like to visit Disney World this month to participate in the annual Disney marathon, which also includes a half marathon. However, the beginners of this sport can also participate in healthy pleasures, registering at a distance of 5 or 10 km. Even children play with stretches of 100 and 200 meters, diapers for small children and challenge millions of older children.
How late is Disney World open in January?
- Magic Kingdom Park opens from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Additional magic time from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Epcot Center – Future World open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Epcot – World Showcase open from 11:00 to 9:00
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios open from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Amusement Park Disney Animal Kingdom opens from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Disney Water Parks open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Disney Springs opens from 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Check the Disney website for official hours.
Disney World January packing List
At low temperatures, you must be sure to use “winter gear”. And if you come from a winter climate, the possibility is big enough to bring you a winter coat to travel. But the packaging is not just clothes. Here are some other things you want to bring to Disney in the winter months.
- Swimwear: When it comes to swimsuits, you should not exaggerate. The possibilities are not so high as to swim a lot on cold days and probably on rainy days. But Disney heats all the pools.
- Jackets and coats: Depending on the weather, you can use a winter coat or a light jacket. It will help you stay warm during the cold mornings and evenings in the park. If you are worried about having a shelter all day, you can rent a locker at the amusement park. It’s a great way to wear a coat and park it all day.
- Clothing: Perhaps the first problem when packing is what clothes you bring when you visit Disney World in January. Because the weather is a bit cooler, you should use a coat that works well on colder, warmer days. This means T-shirts, long-sleeved shirts, jeans and pants.
- Hats and gloves: Disney can be very cold at night. If you miss the park to enjoy fireworks, a night parade or an additional magic hour, your hands and head may be a little cold. Thanks to light gloves and hats, you can stay warm and enjoy Disney nightly entertainment. If you have children, it is a trip you cannot miss.
- Shoes: Talking about packing of shoes, your main theme should be to be comfortable. For a long time, wearing tennis shoes, running shoes, walking shoes and other supports will help you easily discover the park. Before traveling, be sure to wear the shoes you used or put on them, so you do not have uncomfortable blisters or other foot problems.
- Poncho and umbrella: If you are having room in your back, you should bring a small poncho or umbrella if the weather provides a lot of rain on the fly. Even if you do not have space for it, you can use Poncho easily by picking one from the resort, local stores or from the theme parks as you come.
- Blankets: This is one of our most popular products for winter weather. Small blankets stored in a backpack or cars are ideal for packing at night while waiting for a parade or fireworks.
- Sun protection: Of course, in January you cannot forget about sunscreens. Just because a cloudy day does not mean it will not burn with the sun. Having a sunscreen for the trip is a must.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™
Things to do at Universal Orlando in January?
- The Ring the New Year with Eve, a party at Universal CityWalk. The event includes live music and DJs, unlimited food and special events at the CityWalk club and on the open stage. Please note that this event is for people over 21 years old and requires a separate ticket.
- The Christmas holidays, including Christmas at The Magic World (Wizzarding) of Harry Potter, Who’s Fridaying Spectacular by Grinchmas and Universal Holiday Parade by Macy’s, usually last until the first week of January, when the new year falls.
- In recent years, Universal Orlando Resort organized the celebration of Harry Potter’s birthday in January, but the party was suspended.
How late is Universal Orlando open in January?
For most of January, Island Of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida are usually open ten hours a day, usually from 9 am to 7 pm. The parks usually open more time in the first week of the month (to adapt to the rest of the holidays) and during the weekend on the occasion of Martin Luther King Day. Because it is out of season and the days are shorter, the Volcano Bay water park is usually open from 10 am to 5 pm, seven hours a day.
Universal Orlando January packing list
- Additional snacks
- Plastic bags that can be resealed in different sizes
- Camera, optional camera battery and additional memory card
- An additional cell phone battery or an external charger for a mobile phone
- Rain poncho
- Bandages and antibiotic creams. And get ready for the bubble
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Additional sunscreen: hats, sunglasses, handkerchief
- Slippers or other shoes that do not interfere with getting wet
- Cargo pants or shorts with a zip pocket
- First aid kit for families
- An extension cable that supports multiple plug-ins
Things to do at SeaWorld Orlando in January?
Celebration of three Kings Day: Families are invited to commemorate the arrival of the 3 wise men during the SeaWorld Orlando party of the three kings’ day. This live event makes SeaWorld’s holiday season an extraordinary closure, with a distinctive cuisine and lively experiences that respect the valued traditions of Latin American culture.
How late is SeaWorld Orlando open in January?
SeaWorld Orlando is open 365 days a year. For the safety of our guests and animals, attractions and exhibits sometimes shutdown for improvements at the park. This park is usually open from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (later in the summer and around the holidays).
Check the SeaWorld website for official hours.
SeaWorld Orlando January packing list
- Backpack for the park
- Facial cream for the sun
- Light sweater
- Water bottle with multiple filling
- A healthy sandwich
- Running shoes
- Bandages in various sizes
- Laundry bag
There are a lot of things to do in Orlando in January. January is a good month to take your child to Orlando for the first time. The climate is light and thanks to the light it is easier to move. Orlando’s winter temperatures are December, January and February. It is also the perfect time to visit some of Disney’s outdoor activities, such as biking, horseback riding and camping. Prepare your running shoes and take along with you some T-shirts. Take part in the live marathon celebrations at Disney World in January, with events for each member of the family.