Things To Do In Orlando In December
Although much of the United States starts to experience colder weather in the month of December when winter comes throughout the country, Orlando, Florida, offers the opportunity to bask in dry, warm weather to visitors. This is ideal for seasonal trips or vacations to the city’s most popular theme parks.
- How busy is Orlando in December?
- How cold is Orlando in December?
- What to wear in Orlando in December?
- What to do in Orlando in December?
- Things to do in Orlando during Christmas?
- What to do in Orlando’s New Year’s Eve?
- The best hotels in Orlando in December?/a>
- Are Orlando Water Parks Open in December?
- Things to do at Disney World in December?
- Things to do in Universal Orlando in December?
- Things to do in SeaWorld Orlando in December?
Orlando Vacation Packages
Choose from our exclusive Orlando Vacation Package Deals or create your own pack to accommodate your stay.
The crowd levels are manageable at the beginning of December. But the closer we get to the Holidays more people arrive. Families give out theme park tickets and vacation packages for Christmas gifts. Expect the parks to reach capacity in Universal and Disney on Christmas Day.
Take with you a light jacket or sweater for the mornings and expect to wear the winter jacket at night. There will be many festivals in December after the dark, so be prepared for the cold weather. Put on layers during the day in the park to put on or take off your clothes when the temperature changes.
Orlando has a lot of things to do in December to be busy all day.
- Gatorland – When you are at Alligator Central, you may want to go to this wildlife protection and theme park? In the house of Screaming’ the Gator Zip-line, defy gravity and fly over the Nile crocodiles and Cuban before you zoom over the breeding Alligator game with 130 alligators watching from beneath. Also, you may become a day trainer; you can hold one of the world’s most dangerous snakes alive and try the rookie alligator wrestling. Don’t miss the incredible Gator Jumparoo exhibition or the exciting Gator Wrestling exhibition.
- Mini-Golf Pirate’s Cove – The award-winning Mini Golf Pirate’s Cove Prize is fun (swashbuckling) for the entire family. Select the race of Captain Blackbeard or Incident Challenge 36 holes and go to the pirate-themed tropical vegetation, waterfalls, dive boats, and dreadful road jails.
- Orlando Art Museum – Art visitors should not forget to visit the Orlando Art Museum in Lochaven. Each month a variety of exhibitions were held outside and on-site and during the year visit the magnificent screenshots of Christmas trees, gingerbread cookies, and screenshots of the city. You may equally try to do art, study classes, and artistic understanding.
Some Christmas parties are held in December;
- Christmas at Disney World – In Magic Kingdom is Mickey’s very merry Christmas Party. It is a separately ticketed event with special meet and greets, hot cocoa, live entertainment, a merry parade, fireworks, and a castle show.
- Christmas at Universal Studios – Macy’s Holiday Parade Universal Studios a great giant float from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day display in New York. The streets come Live with the marching, festive music, floats further than your imagination, bands, and also Santa.
- Christmas in SeaWorld – See the Christmas Celebration at SeaWorld Orlando, when the snow reaches the waterfront and carollers to create a festival atmosphere and performances of classical musicians.
The New Year celebrations: Are you going to Orlando for New Year celebrations? Visit the largest theme parks and fireworks. During New Year’s Eve, the fantasy in the sky Fireworks at Magic kingdom is at 11:50 PM before the celebration at the front of the castle. On New Year’s Eve, Epcot has a special finale for Harmonious. Alternatively, you may watch New Year’s music and fireworks festival at SeaWorld.
Some Orlando hotels you may visit, having some exceptional guest or customer service and the best rates are: Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites with Waterpark, Red Lion Lake Buena Vista South with Waterpark, Grove and Spa Resort, Radisson Park Inn, among others.
- Typhoon Lagoon: The Disney World’s Typhoon Lagoon consists of a good ten or so water slides, which includes a two-person roller coaster raft looking ‘crush ‘n’ ‘Gusher’, ‘Humunga Kowabunga’ with 5 steep drops, ‘storm’ and ‘bay’ slides which together a bit slower and directed or meant for younger children. In other places, the park has a good sizable rapid course looping from around it. Typhoon Lagoon Disney world; is a little further than the just slides. Surfers love “Surf pool Typhoon Lagoon “, which produces six-meter strong turbines underwater. Ticket holders may also jump and swim with the sharks or the tropical fish stingrays with the choice of reef shark, probably the best of the park’s attractions.
- Universal Orlando Volcano Bay – Universal Water Park; Volcano Bay is one of the most famous and newest attractions in Orlando (with quite a few of them) thanks to its 200-meter-long conical mountain that runs regularly and releases lava Sequa fluid at night. This is the first Universal Studios water park, with a great combination of rides, such as the lazy river and the wave pool together with a more cutting edge, as well as high-speed rides like an aqua coaster and 70-degree plunge slides. Tapu Tapu holds your place in line while you enjoy other attractions.
- Aquatica – This is one of the most modern popular water parks and Orlando (quite a few) is at the south of downtown Orlando in SeaWorld. With a day’s worth of the fun slides popular theme, the amazing Dolphin Plunge gets the most viewed here, riding, enabling you to slide with dolphins swimming around the pool through a transparent tube. The massive 59 acres are open throughout the year.
- Blizzard Beach at Disney world – The concept of Blizzard Beach is based on a fictional ski resort with melting snow being used for a new waterpark. Resulting in a snow-covered mountain range that can slide in line to relax on the unusual white sand beaches, especially the “Arctic waters”. The highlight is “Gushmore Mountain”, one of if not the highest and fastest water slides in the world, with many slides and there are many other amazing slides that ensure the entire family is occupied throughout the entire day at the park.
- Discovery Cove – Dolphin Swimming is a popular feature that includes a list of activities that you want to experience soon before you die, and Discovery Cove in Orlando can complete that wish. Dolphin Lagoon, in the core of this park opposite SeaWorld Orlando, offers thirty mins with one of the majestic dolphin creatures, in this time you can learn to play with it, interact with it, touch, and even ride its dorsal fin. It is under the watch of expert trainers, which means that guests or animals do not suffer from injuries. Discovery Cove is the sister park of Aquatica Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando, with natural environments where you can communicate with nature.
WALT DISNEY WORLD
Everything about Walt Disney World comes on Christmas Eve with fine decorations, Christmas music, and family celebrations. Some special events require you to buy more tickets access or admission.
- The Candlelight Processional: In Epcot, a celebrity reads the Nativity Story accompanied by local choirs from school and Cast Members.
- Jingle Cruise: The Jungle Cruise gets a fun overlay with new Christmas-themed puns.
- Tree Trail Disney Springs: Disney Creative decorates several trees meticulously to different Disney themes that have included movies, characters, and rides.
- New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney World: New Year’s rings in when you feel like eating, dancing, and dazzling fireworks.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party: Santa Claus meets Mickey Mouse at the Magic Kingdom for the jolly Christmas party, which surely will make the youngsters in your family happy. Disney characters do their holiday finery meanwhile joyful music plays and the favorite attraction will light up with holiday theme decor.
- Epcot International Holiday Festival: with music, costumed displays, and seasonal drink and food specialties this festival features the holiday traditions of Epcot’s 11 World Showcase nations.
- Magic Kingdom Park open from 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Epcot – opens from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios opens from 9:00 AM at 8:00 PM
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park opens from 9:00 AM at 8:00 PM
- Blizzard Disney Water Park opening hours from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Disney Springs 10:00 AM – 12:00 AM
- Clothes – We recommend that you pack a combination of winter and warmer weather clothes in December to get a good trip. This is because the temperatures in Central Florida can vary greatly from morning to afternoon. Pack a number of jeans, slacks, capris, and long sleeve shirts. Of course, you can always pack for yourself shorts and T-shirts.
- Beanies and hats – If you don’t have a hood on your jacket, be sure to get a hat or cover something like your ears. I think when the wind goes up and your ears are icy.
- Swimsuit – Believe it or not, the Disney resort pool and most of Florida’s pools are heated. This means that you can spend some time in the pool, even if it is a little cool. To do this, pack one or two swimsuits if you plan to swim in December. If you are not sure if you are swimming, pack at least one just in case. If you do not pack your swimwear, you can find swimwear in local stores. But after December there is a technical winter in Florida, so it may not be a good option.
- Pack shoes – Since Christmas can be quite cool at certain times of the day, make sure there are some sneakers or tennis shoes in the backpack. This is because you want to keep your feet warm and comfortable throughout the day. If you need it, wear heavier cotton socks to increase the temperature. We suggest you bring your regular shoes instead of the new shoes. In this way, you will not get blisters like other bone injuries during the holidays. Sandals can be too cool for Christmas weather. But if you decide to bring or pack some, make sure they are good to walk and hike with.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™
Grinchmas is the main event in December at Universal Orlando, with its great Grinch. Expect to see the beautiful decorations, fun parades, and seasonal events when visiting Universal Island of Adventure in December.
- Macy’s Holiday Parade: Special guests, such as Dream Works and Illuminations Characters, take over this annual event joining Santa Clause for daily parades. Large balloons and beautiful floats complete this joyful parade.
- Universal CityWalk EVE, this New Year’s celebration welcomes guests to the private ticket event at CityWalk, where champagne, fireworks, and live music will help you ring in the new year
- Grichmas: visit Seuss landing for a holiday spectacular with a live retelling of the classic Dr. Seuss story, ‘How the Grinch stole Christmas’, which happens every day from mid-November through January.
- The Christmas celebrations at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter: In both Diagon and Hogsmeade you’ll find festive decorations, lots of drinks and delicacies for the holidays, as well as a special performance from Celestina and the Banshees. At night a Yule Ball-inspired projection show is played on the Hogwarts castle.
The theme park hours: Universal Studios Florida and Universal Adventure are open 365 days a year. In general, the working hours begin at 9.00 AM and the closing times may be subject to change. The Volcano Bay’s operating hours are from 10 am and the closing times may be subject to change.
- SeaWorld Christmas Celebration – Celebrate the world’s holiday magic at SeaWorld Orlando. This event involves live entertainment, blinking lights, themed food, and drinks.
- New Year’s Eve at SeaWorld – You can enjoy celebrations of SeaWorld’s link to sea life, the sea, and the world it shares as it brings in the New Year, the SeaWorld way with fireworks, lasers, and music.
The plans for parks and exhibitions are regularly updated. Most exhibits are about 20-25 minutes. We recommend that you arrive 15-20 minutes before the show (the previously reserved days) to arrive at the place. Park times are usually open from 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM and can be changed.
- Swimming shorts or bathing suit – You will need to put on a bathing suit for your visit to SeaWorld. There are some water rides in the park.
- Jeans or leggings – The weather can be cooler.
- Pack a bottle of water -Pack a bottle of water you can take with you in your day bag because there are sources where you can fill it throughout the park.
- Sunglasses – Of course, it is very sunny in this part of the world, so the glasses that protect your eyes; add glasses to your packing list.
Whether you are planning a Christmas vacation or simply want a weekend of fun in the world-famous Resorts and theme parks, December is a great time to visit Orlando. Make sure you know what to expect before planning your vacation to Orlando in December.