What Happens In Orlando In December?
Although much of the United States starts to experience colder weather in the month of December when winter comes throughout the country, Orlando, Florida, offers the opportunity to bask in dry, warm weather to visitors. This is ideal for seasonal trips or vacations to the city’s most popular theme parks.
- How busy is Orlando in December?
- How cold is Orlando in December?
- What to wear in Orlando in December?
- What to do in Orlando in December?
- Things to do in Orlando during Christmas?
- What to do in Orlando’s New Year’s Eve?
- The best hotels in Orlando in December?/a>
- Are Orlando Water Parks Open in December?
- Things to do at Disney World in December?
- Things to do in Universal Orlando in December?
- Things to do in SeaWorld Orlando in December?
Orlando Vacation Packages
Choose from our exclusive Orlando Vacation Package Deals or create your own pack to accommodate your stay.
December is wonderful at Disney World everything begins so quietly. The first week of December is the best week to visit WDW for the entire year. Then the football team and the audience show up. Usually, the second week of Christmas is the Super Bowl and the national competitions of cheerleaders and dances. Thousands of elderly people come to Walt Disney World to compete and have fun.
They really have no major impact on the crowd, except for Value resorts, which is sold out. They usually go to night parks, but this is usually not a large group. When children go home, things slow down for a couple of weeks. From day 18 of the month of December, the crowd begins to arrive until; Walt Disney World Christmas Day reaches. (Everyone may not succeed, but the gazillions do). The Christmas week is very, very, very busy. We are talking about the busiest week of the year.
Since the hurricane season in Florida just ended in November, the tropics are no longer worried this year. On the other hand, Christmas gives good days and a cool night.
- The Temperature: the December Orlando temperature is very conducive within range of the lower 20’s. At night, humidity means you will not get cold at night, but make sure you pack warmer clothes. The average daily temperature is usually about 23 degrees C (73 degrees F), and average minimum temperature is 10 ° C the average sun shine is considered daily for seven hours as it was in January.
- Rain and sunshine: The rain falls slight in December, but it will come and go fast. The moist climate’s potential during the month is almost eight days and the average rainfall is only fifty two mm. These perfect weather forecasts ensure your favorite Orlando trip in the winter. However, it can be very busy during the December holidays, get clear guidance if you do not want queues and crowds.
Take with you a light jacket or sweater for the mornings and expect to wear the winter jacket at night. There will be many festivals in December after the dark, so be prepared for the cold weather. Put on layers during the day in the park to put on or take off your clothes when the temperature changes.
Orlando has a lot of things to do in December to be busy all day.
- Gatorland – When you are at the Alligator Central, you may want to go to this wildlife protection and theme park? In the house of Screaming’ the Gator Zip-line, defy gravity and fly over the Nile crocodiles and Cuban before you zoom over the breeding Alligator game with 130 alligators watching from beneath. Also you may become a day trainer; you can hold one of the world’s most dangerous snakes alive and try the rookie alligator wrestling. Don’t miss the incredible Gator Jumparoo exhibition or the exciting Gator Wrestling exhibition.
- Mini-Golf Pirate’s Cove – Award winning Mini Golf Pirate’s Cove Prize is a fun (swashbuckling) for the entire family. Select the race of Captain Blackbeard or Incident Challenge 36 holes and go to the pirate themed tropical vegetation, waterfalls, dive boats and dreadful road jails.
- Orlando Art Museum – Art visitors should not forget to visit the Orlando Art Museum in Lochaven. Each month a variety of exhibitions were held outside and on site, and during the year visit the magnificent screenshots of Christmas tree, gingerbread cookies and screenshots of the city. You may equally try to do art, study classes and artistic understanding.
Some Christmas parties are held in December;
- Christmas at Disney world – Magic Kingdom Fun at Disney World is a complete set of Mickey’s very merry Christmas party. Enjoy the November and Christmas festivals on the selected nights with a December night parade with Santa Claus, one of the Best Fireworks of the Year, Holiday Wishes and a magical snow on Main Street in the US.
- Christmas at Universal Studios – Macy’s Holiday Parade Universal Studios a great giant float from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day display in New York. The streets come Live with the marching, festive music, floats further than your imagination, bands and of also Santa.
- Christmas in SeaWorld – Or its Christmas party at SeaWorld Orlando, when the snow reaches the waterfront and carollers to create a festival atmosphere and performances of classical musicians.
The New Year celebrations: Are you going to Orlando for New Year celebrations? Visit the largest theme parks and fireworks. During New Year’s Eve, the fantasy in the sky Fireworks at Magic kingdom is at 11:50 PM before the celebration at the front of the castle. On New Year’s Eve, Epcot Center has a special finale for Illumination exhibition at 6:30 pm and 11.40 pm, and DJ Dance Festival is in at American Theater Gardens and the Future World Fountain stage. Alternatively, you may watch New Year music and fireworks festival at SeaWorld.
Some Orlando hotels you may visit, having some exceptional guest or customer service and the best rates are: Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites with Waterpark, Red Lion Lake Buena Vista South with water park, Grove and Spa Resort, Radisson Park Inn, among others.
- Typhoon lagoons Disney world: The Disney world’s typhoon lagoon consists of a good ten or so water slide, which includes a two person roller coaster raft looking ‘crush ‘n’ ‘Gusher’, ‘Humunga Kowabunga’ with 5 steep drops, ‘storm’ and ‘bay’ slides which together a bit slower and directed or meant for younger children. In other places, the park has a good sizable rapid course looping from around it. Typhoon Lagoon Disney world; is a little further than the just slides. Surfers love “Surf pool Typhoon Lagoon “, which produces six-meter strong turbines underwater. Ticket holders may also jump and swim with the sharks or the tropical fish stingrays with the choice of reef shark, probably the best of the park’s attractions. Opening hours: from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm daily
- Universal Orlando Volcano Bay – Universal Water Park; Volcano Bay is one of the most famous and newest attractions in Orlando (with quite few of them) thanks to its 200-meter-long conical mountain that runs regularly and releases lava Sequa fluid at night. This is the first Universal Studios water park, with a great combination of rides, such as the lazy river and the wave pool together with a more cutting edge, as well as high-speed rides like aqua coaster and 70-degree plunge slides. There are many lockers available and you can pay in advance onto a wristband so you have money for snacks and drinks throughout the day. Opening hours: 10:00 AM Daily.
- Aquatica – This is one of the most modern popular water parks and Orlando (quite few) is at south of downtown Orlando in SeaWorld. With a day’s worth of the fun slides popular theme, the amazing Dolphin Plunge gets the most viewed here, riding, enabling you to slide with dolphins swimming in around the pool through a transparent tube. The massive 59 acres is open throughout the year and costs daily tickets to this park $ 47 or along with Aquatica + SeaWorld to $ 126. Hours: from 9 am to 6 pm per day.
- Blizzard Beach at Disney world – The concept of Blizzard beach is quite wacky, but it is unarguably fun; it is based on the note that it was in a ski resort once, which “melted into large liquid wonderland”. Resulting in a snow-covered mountain range that can slide in line to relax on the unusual white sand beaches, especially the “Arctic waters”. The highlight is “Gushmore Mountain”, one of if not the highest and fastest water slides in the world, with many slides and there are many other amazing slides that ensure the entire family is occupied throughout the entire day at the park. Opening hours: from 9:00 am to 8:00 PM, every day.
- Discovery Cove – Dolphin Swimming is a popular feature that includes a list of activities that you want to experience soon before you die, and Discovery Cove in Orlando can complete that wish. Dolphin Lagoon, in the core of this park opposite SeaWorld Orlando offers thirty mins with one of the majestic dolphin’s creatures, in this time you can learn to play with it, interact with it, touch, and even ride it dorsal fin. It is under watch of expert trainers, which means that guests or animals do not suffer from injuries. Discovery Cove is the sister park of Aquatica Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando, with natural environments where you can communicate with nature. This park opens from: 09:30 AM – 17:30 PM.
WALT DISNEY WORLD
Everything about Walt Disney World comes into Christmas Eve with fine decorations, Christmas music and family celebrations. Some special events require you to buy more tickets access or admission.
- The Candlelight Processional: with a celebrity narrator, an enormous choir and a 50-piece orchestra, this presentation of the Epcot brings the Bible story of the birth of Jesus Christ to life.
- Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! Christmas Dessert Party: Watch the fireworks from the Disney Hollywood Studios living room, where you can enjoy treats and sweets.
- Vacation in Disney Springs: sing the Carols and take pictures with Mr Christmas himself at the Santa Chalet in Disney Springs.
- New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney World: New Year’s rings in when you feel like eating, dancing and dazzling fireworks.
- The Mickey’s very merry Christmas Party: Santa Claus meets Mickey Mouse at the Magic Kingdom for the jolly Christmas party, surely will make the youngsters in your family happy. Disney characters do their holiday finery meanwhile joyful music plays and the favorite attraction will light up with holiday theme decor.
- Epcot International Holiday Festival: with music, costumed displays and seasonal drink and food specialties this festival features the holiday traditions of Epcot’s 11 World Showcase nations.
- Magic Kingdom Park open from 9:00 AM – 20:00 PM extra magical hours 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Epcot – The future world opening hours from 9:00 AM – 21:00 PM
- Epcot – World Exhibition 11:00 AM – 21:00 PM
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios opens from 9:00 am at 8:00 PM
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park opens from 9:00 am at 8:00 PM
- Blizzard Disney Water Park opening hours from 10:00 pm 5:00 PM
- Disney Springs 10:00 AM – 12:00 AM
- Clothes – We recommend that you pack a combination of winter and warmer weather clothes in December to get a good trip. This is because the temperatures in Central Florida can vary greatly from morning to afternoon. Pack a number of jeans, slacks, capris and long sleeve shirts. Of course you can always pack for yourself shorts and T-shirts. However, we recommend that you skip the upper part of the tank unless the weather forecast is hot in December.
- Hat, earmuff or other earplugs to cover your ears – If you don’t have a hood on your jacket, be sure to get a hat or cover something like your ears. I think when the wind goes up and your ears are icy, you want to ditch the Mickey’s ears and put on your head something warm. The hat is the perfect choice because it maintains maximum heat, but if you don’t care about your hats, choose at least one; earmuffs or headbands that will cover your ear.
- Swimsuit – Believe it or not, Disney resort pool and most of Florida’s pools are heated. This means that you can spend some time in the pool, even if it is a little cool. To do this, pack one or two swimsuits if you plan to swim in December. If you are not sure if you are swimming, pack at least one just in case. If you do not pack your swimwear, you can find swimwear in local stores. But after December there is a technical winter in Florida, it may not be a good option.
- Pack shoes – Since Christmas can be quite cool at certain times of the day, make sure there are some sneakers or tennis shoes in the backpack. This is because you want to keep your feet warm and comfortable throughout the day. If you need it, wear heavier cotton socks to increase the temperature. We suggest you bring your regular shoes instead of the new shoes. In this way you will not get blisters like other bone injuries during the holidays. Sandals can be too cool for Christmas weather. But if you decide to bring or pack some, make sure they are good to walk and hike with.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™
Grinchmas is the main event in December at Universal Orlando, with its great Grinch. You expect to see the beautiful decorations, fun parades and seasonal events when visiting Universal Island of Adventure in December.
- Macy’s Holiday Parade: Special guests, such as Minion from ‘despicable me’ franchise, take over this annual event meeting or joining Santa Clause for daily parades, that also feature other favorite Universal studios characters like Shrek and the cast of “Madagascar”.
- The universal studios CityWalk EVE, known as the largest in year’s park parties, this New Year’s celebration receives or welcomes guests’ to the private ticket event at CityWalk, where champagne, fireworks and live music will help you play in the new year
- Grichmas: visit Seuss landing for a holiday spectacular with a live retelling of the classic Dr. Seuss story, ‘how the Grinch stole Christmas’, which happens every day from mid-November through January.
- The Christmas celebrations at the Wizzarding world of Harry Potter; Universal Studios, the Diagong London get a holiday and Alley festival complete with festive decorations, lots of drinks and delicacies for the holidays, as well as the special exhibition Banshees King Station Croise and Celestina Warbeck. At the same time, Hogsmeade and Hogwarts at universal adventure island are lit up for the party or celebration while the frog choir will sing seasonal songs all month.
The theme park hours: Universal Studios Florida and Universal Adventure are open 365 days a year. In general, the working hours begin at 9.00 AM and the closing times may be subject to changed. The universal volcano operating hours are from 10 am and the closing times may be subject to changed.
- SeaWorld Christmas Celebration – Celebrate the world’s holiday magic at SeaWorld Orlando. The parties include a dramatic holiday simulator ride, a special Shamu Christmas show, special activities on the Waterfront and a holiday fountain show.
- New Year’s Eve at SeaWorld – You can enjoy celebrations of SeaWorld’s link to sea life, the sea, and the world it shares as it brings in the New Year, SeaWorld way. Also, bold fireworks show send a wave of welcome to the New Year ahead and a spectacular music celebration.
The plans for parks and exhibitions are regularly updated. Most exhibits are about 20-25 minutes. We recommend that you arrive 15-20 minutes before the show (the previously reserved days) to arrive at the place. Park times are usually open from 9:00 AM -22:00 PM and can be changed.
- Swimming shorts or bathing suit – You will need to put on a bathing suit for your visit to SeaWorld. Also with the attractions like SeaWorld equally has rides that get you wet so swimming shorts may just be comfortable.
- Jeans or leggings – Well, you do not need to travel at this year’s hottest point, so you will definitely be recommended for jeans or tights during November-February. It is also practical at night, regardless of the season.
- Pack a bottle of water -Pack a bottle of water you can take with you in your day bag, because there are sources where you can fill it throughout the park.
- Sunglasses – Of course, it is very sunny in this part of the world, so the glasses that protect your eyes; add glasses to your packing list. The last thing you want to spend time at the park squinting instead of enjoying you park hours.
- Shorts, vest and lightweight clothing – If you visit during the hot summer months, you need to have lighter clothes and lighter clothes. It is high cost lightweight clothing, or most pants / tie or a shirt vest, perfect for surrounding parks: heat and moisture treatment.
Whether you are planning a Christmas vacation or simply trying to escape a weekend of fun in the world-famous Resorts and theme parks, December is a great time to visit Orlando. Make sure you know what to expect before planning your vacation to Orlando in December.