Need some help finding characters in Disney World? While you may be lucky enough to spot Mickey or Minnie just wandering by, you will likely need a bit of strategy to find your favorite Disney World Characters. Look in the right places at the right time, and you’ll be rewarded with a fun meeting session with your favorite character.
Look in spots associated with your character: Disney World characters appear in places that relate to their storyline. This is why you’ll find Pocahontas in the Animal Kingdom (at Conservation Station) and Jasmine in Morocco (at Epcot). Think about your character’s story and you’ll get a good idea of where to look. Some current characters and their related spots are detailed below;
- Woody, Jessie and Bulls eye : Frontierland in the Magic Kingdom
- Buzz Lightyear and Stitch: Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom
- Belle, Beast, Sleeping Beauty and Marie (from The Aristocats): In France (Epcot)
- Fairy Godmother: Outside Cinderella’s Castle in the Magic Kingdom
- Handy Manny: Outside Playhouse Disney (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Miss Piggy and Kermit: Outside Muppets in 3D
- Alice, the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit: Mad Tea Party, Magic Kingdom
Look for scheduled character greetings; Check your park schedule and map when you arrive. You’ll spot some dedicated greeting areas that offer character sessions throughout the day. A few popular spots are listed below:
- Character Greeting Spot, Future World (Epcot): Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto
- Meet and Greet: Main Street USA (Magic Kingdom): Mickey Mouse, Disney Princesses
- Safari Character Greeting Spot: Camp Minnie Mickey (Disney’s Animal Kingdom): Minnie, Mickey and more in safari gear
Plan on waiting in a short line when you spot your character—other people will likely want to greet them as well. The Mickey and Disney Princess greeting locations in the Magic Kingdom offer Fastpass; the rest will likely have a small line.