Whether business travel takes you only to Orlando and back, or you travel throughout the country – or even the world – there are numerous business travel resources that can help make traveling for business easier. Check out some of our favorites below.
Business travel magazines you don’t want to skip
Who says print media is on the way out? There are numerous business travel magazines that are a great read and consistently provide tips that can help you make the most of your travel times. Top options include Buying Business Travel, The Business Travel Magazine, and Business Traveler. Subscribe to one or more of these magazines, take them on the plane with you, and kill two birds with one stone: stay entertained and get the latest travel news.
Check out business travel conferences
There are dozens and dozens of business travel conferences every year. Which ones are worth your time? While a lot depends on the type of traveling you do, the type of business you’re in, and the specific needs you have, these top choices are worth looking into:
- The Business Travel Show: the biggest travel conference in the country – and it keeps getting busier every year. It generally takes place in February.
- The Business Travel Conference: this year conference attracts 60 business traveler suppliers and more than 200 delegates over two days.
- Institute of Travel & Meetings: here you can meet some of the most high profile guest speakers you’ll see at any of these conferences, plus attend breakout meetings that put you in touch with new ideas and innovations.
- Business Travel IQ: the newest conference we’re recommending, this just started in 2014 but had some really interesting ideas on sustainability for the get-go.
- GBTA Conference: the largest of them all! This 5-day conference will be held in Orlando in 2015 and gives you the chance to hobnob with more than 7,000 attendees and take advantage of the largest conference floor of all of them.
Keep up to date on business travel related websites
Many of the best websites on business travel are maintained by the same companies that bring you the best in business magazines. While there is some overlap, you’ll get information on the website that isn’t included in their magazine, and vice versa. Check out these online resources for more information.
- Business Travel News: there’s lots of useful information on this site, including surveys and white papers.
- TTG Digital: known best for marketing and career advice, this site has plenty of travel news, too.
- Breaking Travel News: this simple site gives you breaking news and has a convenient calendar with upcoming travel conferences and events.
- Business Travel IQ: here you’ll find an excellent supply of round table workshop discussions and case studies.
- Buying Business Travel: this site has it all, from job postings to travel discount information.