Visiting Universal Orlando During Pregnancy
What Can A Pregnant Woman Do At Universal Studios?
You can still have a great time at the Universal Studios theme parks if you visit during pregnancy. You’ll be able to find plenty to see and do at Universal Studios and the Islands of Adventure. Provided you are in good general health and are enjoying a healthy pregnancy, then the trip should offer you plenty of fun, even if you have to pass on some of the more thrilling rides and attractions.
Should I go to Universal Studios While I am Pregnant?
Many women report feeling tired during the first trimester; consider staying on-site at one of Universal Orlando’s premier hotels and you’ll be able to head back to your room for a rest as needed. For best results plan on exploring Universal and City Walk in short segments and rest as needed. You won’t be feeling many of the physical discomforts of pregnancy yet, and you’ll find fitting into seats and ride vehicles is still easy.
If morning sickness is a problem start with a light snack each day, and consider scheduling breakfast for later in the morning. Avoid simulatoion rides first thing in the morning; even if they are not wild enough to prevent pregnant women from riding, the motion could make you feel more ill.
Once the initial tiredness and slightly sick feeling of the first trimester have passed, you can enjoy the burst of energy most women report feeling in the second trimester. This may be the ideal time to visit Universal during pregnancy, since you’ll feel better and your risk of complications is low.
Follow the pregnancy warnings on rides, and make reservations at some of Universal and CityWalk’s best dining venues. You should also consider purchasing one of Universal’s meal plans, and snack your way through the park.
Consider staying at one of the area’s luxury hotels, and pamper yourself with extra services like the spa, swimming pool and room service. Taking great care of yourself will allow you to fully enjoy your time at Universal Orlando during pregnancy.
Make a doctor’s appointment a priority and get an all clear for travel before you leave home. Most doctors allow healthy pregnant women to travel in this trimester, provided they don’t overdo. Some airlines will require a doctor’s note for travel from obviously pregnant women; you may not be asked for one, but it is a handy thing to have if you need it.
This is an ideal time to explore the shops of Universal on foot, taking plenty of breaks between visits. You can still enjoy the shows and stationary attractions at Universal Orlando, and should schedule these throughout the day. Consider purchasing one of Universal’s “front of the line” passes and you’ll avoid spending too much time on your feet waiting in line.
Plan on enjoying a few leisurely meals at locations like Mythos, and consider renting a luxury Orlando vacation home instead of staying in a busy resort. You’ll be able to enjoy all the comforts of home without feeling rushed or crowded.
Prepare For Your Trip To Universal Studios
1. Schedule a checkup with your doctor a few says before your trip. Getting a clean bill of health from your obstetrician will give you confidence about traveling, and also give you the opportunity to answer any questions you may have about your trip. Ask for a travel copy of your medical records, and check out the location of local doctors and hospitals, just in case.
2. If you are flying to Orlando, ask for an aisle seat; pregnant women are more prone to swelling than other passengers;getting up and walking around occasionally will help alleviate this issue. If you are driving, make a rest stop every hour or two and get out and stretch your legs. You’ll arrive at your Orlando hotel refreshed and ready to enjoy Universal Studios.
Universal Studios Rides To Enjoy and To Avoid While Pregnant
Pregnancy Rides To Avoid:
- Rides that have posted cautions against riding during pregnancy; most thrill rides will be clearly marked or obviously not a good idea.
- Many of the rides at Islands of Adventure will be out for this trip
- The Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff
- The Incredible Hulk roller coaster
Pregnancy Rides To Enjoy:
- The WizardingWorld of Harry Potter at your leisure
- The tempting offerings at Honeydukes and the Three Broomsticks.
- Terminator 2: 3D and the Eigth Voyage of Sinbad stunt show.
The Most Important Advice For Traveling While Pregnant
Enjoy yourself! If the idea of going to a theme park stresses you out while you are pregnant, just don't go! Now more than any other time it is important to trust you intuition alongside the advice of your doctor. If you are feeling good and a day at the theme park will bring you joy, by all means go...but make sure to stay hydrated and well nourished.
No matter what you decide you want to do, we can help! Orlandovacation.com is a family owned company and we have experienced the ins and outs of exploring Orlando through all stages of parenthood. We can help you find the lowest priced theme park tickets, a hotel or vacation home that suits your comfort level and give you all around advice about what you might enjoy while you are in the area.
Ask our online vacation expert or call us today at: 1.800.641.4008