Things To Do in Orlando In August
- How busy is Orlando in August?
- How hot is Orlando in August?
- What to wear in Orlando in August?
- What to do in Orlando in August?
- Things to do in Disney World in August?
- What to do in Universal Orlando in August?
- What to do in August in SeaWorld Orlando?
Orlando Vacation Packages
Choose from our exclusive Orlando Vacation Package Deals or create your own pack to accommodate your stay.
How busy is Orlando in August
At the beginning of August expect that it will be very busy. But it will slowly get more manageable as school gets back into session.
During this time the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party are happening at Disney. Universal is prepping for Halloween, but will not have extreme crowds.
What to wear in Orlando in August?
Summer in Florida is hot and bright. Bring clothes to protect you from the sun.
- A hat – Hats are a must to protect your head and face from burns.
- Sandals or casual shoes Sandals are great for the beach and pool, but not so much in the theme parks. You will be doing a lot of walking so bring comfortable athletic shoes.
- Poncho– It rains pretty much every afternoon in the summer here. Have an easy-to-stow rain poncho at the ready.
- Breathable fabric– You want to be comfortable in the heat. Wear light-colored clothing to not absorb the sunlight and light fabric literally. Cotton and linen and other natural fabrics let air flow in easier to stay cool,
- Wear Swimwear – The theme parks have water rides, and they also have water parks. Also, most hotels and vacation homes have a pool.
What to do in Orlando in August?
- The Premium Orlando outlets – Go to the Premium Orlando Outlets to save on Burberry, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, and Armani.
- Gatorland -Venture into the Florida marsh for this unforgettable refuge for tons of gators. Meet and learn about exotic animals and explore the land they live in.
- Fun Spot – Do you need the speed of a Go-kart, ride on a Ferris wheel, or have a burning desire to fly? Fun Spot America is an experience to go. With attractions for children of all ages, Fun Spot is a point of entertainment for all family members. Join the Fun Spot America Freedom Flyer or the steel roller coaster full of twists and turns. Ride the only wooden roller coaster in Orlando, the White Lightning!
- ICON Park – ICON Park is an entertainment complex located in the heart of International Drive. With 20 acres, it is the ideal place to ride, eat, explore and drink. It has more than forty fantastic restaurants, modern bars, boutiques and must-see attractions. Here guests can visit Madame Tussauds Orlando and the SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium. Young children can travel in small trains, while older children and adults face 7D Dark Adventure Ride and Orlando StarFlyer, the world’s highest swing.
- Kennedy Space Center – At the Kennedy Space Center, experience a variety of attractions that are out of this world! Hear the roar of the launch during the Shuttle Launch Experience, travel through space in the IMAX cinema with Hubble 3D, and meet a true NASA astronaut! One of the few people in the world who has actually traveled to space. Here you have the rare opportunity to learn about the brilliant technology behind powerful rockets and telescopes that make space travel possible.
WALT DISNEY WORLD
Things to do in Disney World in August?
- Food and Wine Festival: In Epcot, over 30 booths are out for the food and wine lover. You can purchase sample sizes of culinary treats from around the world, while also enjoying the Epcot attractions.
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party this separately ticketed event is fun for the whole family. Everyone is encouraged to dress up in their favorite costume, trick and treat, meet special characters, try themed food, watch live shows and finish the night with a parade and fireworks.
Disney World August packing list
Packing for Disney, in general, is similar to what we already discussed above, but here are just some extra things to remember to bring.
- Ways to cool down – There are a few extra things you can do to stay cool in the heat. You can invest in cooling clothes or portable fans.
- Bring a refillable water bottle – This helps keep you hydrated and cuts costs on buying water at the park. Most restrooms have a water fountain near them and quick service places will give you a cup of water for free.
- Cross body bag – Bringing a bag that can be easily secured and removed from yourself is great to get in and out of rides quickly and to have quik access to items you may need like tickets.
- Sunblock – It should go without saying, bring sunblock and apply it often.
- Pack a First-aid kit – If you have any personal medical needs bring all the meds you require. However, accidents can happen, and having bandaids on hand is helpful. Disney does, however, provide over-the-counter items in the First Aid centers as well.
- Pack some sunglasses – Protect your eyes.
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™
When does Universal Orlando open in August?
Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure are open 365 days a year. Universal opening hours usually start at 9:00 am and the closing hours may vary.
After a day in theme parks, head to Universal City Walk, where you can enjoy and relax with great food, refreshing drinks, and live music! The operating hours of Universal CityWalk are between 11:00 AM and 02:00 PM.
SeaWorld Orlando August packing list
How to Get Best Travel to Florida SeaWorld:
Remember the saying ‘Planning is key!’ We suggest you go to SeaWorld during the week if possible.
- Get your tickets in advance.
- Pack swimsuits
- Bring bottled water
- Wear a hat and sunglasses.
- Wear comfortable shoes.