Epcot for Honeymooners
Epcot is perhaps the most romantic park in all of Walt Disney World. After all, where else can you visit London, Paris, and Rome all in the same day? Epcot Center is home to some of the finest restaurants in the world, and picturesque backdrops for honeymoon photos are everywhere. for this and much more, we recommend Epcot for honeymooners.
While you will, of course, want to discover your own magical locations, Epcot’s sheer size can leave first-time visitors wondering where to begin. It is simply impossible to discover all of Epcot’s secrets in one visit. Here, then, in no particular order, is this author’s list of the top ten romantic spots in Epcot. Use this list as a jumping off point to spark your own ideas, rather than rigorously trying to assure that you make it to every spot.
Purchase tickets to Epcot at Disney World!
Travel the world for your honeymoon with a fun visit to Epcot
Popular Epcot Attractions for Honeymooners
- Spaceship Earth. A long dark ride that will take you through the history of communication beginning with the dawn of man., Spaceship Earth is housed inside the iconic “giant golf ball” at the park entrance.
- Boulangerie Patisserie. The pastry shop in the France pavilion offers decadent desserts and a sidewalk café atmosphere. The pastries are incredible and the scenery simply unbeatable. After your snack, enjoy a peaceful stroll through Paris, or stop to enjoy Bubble Nicholas, the performance artist and mime.
- L’Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante. For a truly romantic and memorable dining experience, you can’t beat Alfredo’s. The Epcot location is a branch of the famed Roman original. Try the namesake Fettuccine Alfredo. After dinner, stroll through St. Mark’s Square. Try to catch the Living Statues.
- The British Invasion. This Beatles tribute band performs in the garden amphitheatre at the rear of the UK pavilion. Get a yard of beer from the nearby Pub and enjoy the show.
- The Fiberoptic Garden. When the sun goes down, the lights come on. Located outside the Innoventions pavilions, the Garden consists of dozens of large concrete bricks set into the ground, each containing thousands of twinkling individual fiberoptic cables. Try to find the Hidden Mickeys, or just stroll through the Garden.
- America Gardens Theatre. Well known bands often perform free concerts in this outdoor theatre. Find out if anyone is playing on the day of your visit.
- El Rio del Tiempo. This boat ride through Mexico sails past the diners at the San Angel Inn. As is customary at Disney, the ride exits into a gift shop. However, this gift shop recreates an open air straw market at dusk. Extremely beautiful and romantic.
- Illuminations. Do not miss this laser and fireworks show, presented nightly on the World Showcase Lagoon. The pyrotechnics and lasers are terrific, and the message will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy.
- Morocco. Share a lunch platter from the counter service Tangierine Café, or simply stroll through the shops and enjoy the live entertainment. Morocco is beautiful, romantic, and peaceful.
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Although this attraction was recently redone to make it more child friendly, the original aquariums were left intact. The main aquarium is so large that it could actually contain Spaceship Earth, with approximately a 10 foot moat around the sphere! Spend some time relaxing and enjoying the manatees.
Epcot is a truly romantic park. From the faithful re-creations of world landmarks, to the top quality full service restaurants, to the interactive exhibits of Future World, Epcot offers dozens of possibilities for romantic moments. Use the list above to start your adventure, but take time to look around and find new spots that will become meaningful to the two of you. Epcot is a wonderful place to start your new life together.