Animal Kingdom for Guests Using Wheelchairs
Many of the attractions at Animal Kingdom are accessible to guests in wheelchairs via the mainstream entrance of the attraction. Others may require guests in wheelchairs to enter through a more convenient auxiliary entrance. In this case, up to five members of the party may accompany a guest in a wheelchair. Additional members of the party may use the mainstream entrance.
Disney World Vacation Packaged!
Start your Disney world Vacation Packages
Lowest Prices Guaranteed!
As Low As
Boarding the Ride:
Wheelchairs are permitted on many of the rides at Animal Kingdom. For some rides, the guest must transfer from his/her own wheelchair to a wheelchair provided on the ride. Yet other rides will require the guest to transfer into the actual seat of the ride itself. For rides requiring transfers, the guest in a wheelchair must be able to transfer independently or with the assistance of a member of his/her party. Please keep in mind that Disney World employees are not allowed to physically help a guest make the transfer. Use the table below to help you decide which attractions you would like to visit.
Wheelchair Rental Locations:
- Creature Comforts (replacement location)
- Garden Gate Gifts inside Main Entrance (also rents ECVs)
- Mombasa Marketplace (replacement location)
- Outpost (limited quantities)
Companion Restroom Locations:
- First Aid
- Safari Village opposite Flame Tree Barbecue
- Harambe Village in the Mombasa Marketplace
- Chester and Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures in DinoLand
- Asia near Maharajah Jungle Trek