Animal Kingdom is a different type of park. Part zoo, part theme park, Animal Kingdom offers a high tech fusion experience that will appeal to honeymooners on many levels. Adrenaline junkies will love the thrill rides, travel buffs will be impressed by the authentic re-creations of exotic towns, conservationists will appreciate the wildlife rescue message, and animal lovers will enjoy the close encounters.
Special: Many honeymooners who are visiting Animal Kingdom find that our Disney vacation homes rentals offers them all the amenities of a four star hotel with all the added conveniences of home. Our vacation homes all come with private pools, fully equipped kitchens and a lot more living space and privacy than a hotel room.
As the largest Disney World theme park in terms of square footage, and offering so many different choices of activities, Animal Kingdom can be overwhelming to first time visitors. While you will want to chart your own path based on your individual interests, a list of recommendations can help you get started. Here, then, in no particular order, are this author’s suggestions for the top ten locations/activities for honeymooners.
Get your Honeymoon tickets to see Animal Kingdom at Disney World!
Take an African Safari, experience Pandora and much more at Animal Kingdom on your honeymoon.
Popular Animal Kingdom Attractions for Honeymooners
- The walking trails Trails abound throughout the park, leading to encounters with a wide variety of animal species. These paths are usually shady and reasonably un-crowded.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris. This two week safari adventure through the Harambe Wildlife Preserve feels like it takes only 20 minutes. Take the ride either early in the morning or late in the afternoon for maximum animal-spotting opportunities.
- Rafikis Planet Watch. Accessible only by Wildlife Train, this area is the heart of Animal Kingdoms conservation exhibits. Learn how animals are cared for at the park, watch on hidden cameras as animals go about their daily routine, or sit in on a major medical procedure (performed during morning hours only) as a Cast Member fully narrates the process. Take the time to appreciate the incredible beauty of the mural in the main building, and see how many Hidden Mickeys you can spot. This area is also home to the Affection Section petting zoo.
- The African village. Do not just cut through this area on your way to or from Kilimanjaro Safaris. The village is breathtaking beautiful and accurate in its representation. Enjoy the storyteller, participate in the live music demonstrations, or simply stroll through the straw market.
- The Boneyard. Dig for fossils in this re-creation of an authentic dig site. Although designed as a playland for children, the Boneyard is a chance for adults to run and play and act silly together. Not a bad way to kick off a healthy and enjoyable marriage.
- Chester and Hesters Dino-Rama. Modeled as an old roadside attraction, this blend of midway games and carnival-style rides make an excellent backdrop for a date. The Primeval Whirl spinning mouse coaster is highly recommended.
- The Adventure Begins. Arrive early to catch this 15 minute show that takes place prior to the official park opening. From the assembled group, guests are selected for various opening activities, including a private early morning Safari. Wear your bride and groom ears to increase your chances of being chosen.
- Festival of the Lion King. This tribute to the film features Broadway-quality singing and dancing combined with Cirque du Soleil style acrobatics. One of the true highlights of the park, this show should not be missed.
- The Tree of Life. Although the attraction housed within, Its Tough to Be a Bug, is top-notch and well worth a visit, do not simply rush past the Tree itself. Slow down and appreciate the intricate hand carvings of over 320 individual animals. Quite impressive, and quite breathtaking.
- The thrill rides. Many active couples love an adrenaline rush, and Animal Kingdom offers three rides guaranteed to get your blood flowing. Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids are located close to each other in Asia, while Dinosaur! is appropriately enough, part of Dinoland USA.
The exotic lands of Animal Kingdom are well suited to romance, and should be included in your honeymoon itinerary.
Animal Kingdom is a different type of park, and appeals to guests on many different levels. Use the above list as a jumping-off point for creating your own adventures. No matter what you do, be sure to slow down enough to enjoy it. Half the experience of Animal Kingdom is in the details, so do not be afraid to simply stroll through the park with no particular destination in mind.