Everyone’s idea of the “best ride” will vary but there’s no question that there are some rides at Hollywood Studios that are more highly rated by most guests than others. Today we’ll take a closer look at some of the best rides at Hollywood Studios for various folks who different ride preferences.
The best ride at Hollywood Studios with elementary aged children and older
If popularity is a sign of the best rides at Hollywood Studios then there’s no question that Toy Story Mania is at the top of the list. Disney World is currently working to double ride capacity because this ride can easily have wait times of several hours. This 3D screen-based shooter game is an interactive free-for-all that is great for kids of almost any age.
The best ride at Hollywood Studios for roller coaster fanatics
For those who love roller coasters, there’s no better ride at Hollywood Studios than Rock N’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. With a funny (though dated) pre-show starring Aerosmith, this ride starts off going from zero to 60 miles in less than two seconds. It’s the second fastest ride in any of Disney’s Orlando theme parks (the fastest is Test Track in EPCOT Center), and it has numerous loops – the first of which lets you experience 3Gs. If you’re traveling by yourself – or you don’t mind having your party split up – save a ton of time by using the single rider line.
The best ride at Hollywood Studios for thrill seekers
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is just what it sounds like – a tower that brings terror to all who ride it! Not only is the ride itself great, but this unique free-fall thrill ride has A+ theming and a great story that leads up to the ride itself. In fact, the lead-up to the ride is so great that we recommend even those who don’t want the thrills should go through the rest of it. You can exit right before boarding the ride.
The best ride at Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Fans
Disney bought the rights to Star Wars several years ago, and as a result we’ve seen some interesting Star Wars shows and fireworks displays showing up. Disney’s also in the process of adding an entire land in Hollywood Studios that pays homage to Star Wars. In the meantime, you have Star Tours.
This ride was dated but recently updated so that it’s as fan today as it was years ago. It’s a themed stimulation ride in which you don 3D glasses and take off on a ride throughout various planets within the galaxy of Star Wars. It’s fun for all ages, though the littles may be too short to ride or experience tummy trouble. The ride is actually different each time you ride it, so it’s worth it to try it more than once.
More Hollywood Studios fun for Star Wars fans
As Hollywood Studios gets a makeover and new shows, rides, and attractions are added, some of the best rides have been closed. The good news is that they’ve made up for it with numerous Star Wars options. They include:
- Jedi Training Academy: Get to Hollywood Studios early to have your kids sign up for this interactive show. They’ll get to get up on stage to take part in an action-packed Star Wars show.
- March of the First Order. This isn’t a full show or attraction on its own right, but it’s worth taking a break to see it. Captain Phasma leads the Stormtroppers down Hollywood Boulevard with dramatic music.
- Star Wars Launch Bay. Not much more than a gift shop, Star Wars Launch Bay also has a few movie replicas and occasional meet and greets.
- Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away: Popular with younger Star Wars fans, this live stage show lets guests check out their favorite Star Wars characters live and in person.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. Whether you’re a fan of fireworks or Star Wars, you’re sure to love this Star Wars themed fireworks show. If you’re a fan of both, then you’ll be doubly excited. With tons of projections and pyrotechnics, and set to the soundtrack from the films, this is a unique ten-minute experience well worth the wait.
Today the best things to do in Hollywood Studios can easily be done in a single day. In the next year or so, we expect crowds to be much heavier and waits to be much longer. Now is the time to experience all this park has to offer.