Visiting Universal Studios in your vacation is not cheap; in fact, the theme parks can be quite expensive. Even though prices are high on everything from Universal Studios Theme Park tickets, souvenirs, and even food and beverages hopefully this article we will show you areas where you can save a little during your visit to Universal Studios.
BELOW WE HAVE SHARED 12 MONEY SAVING TIPS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WHEN VISITING UNIVERSAL STUDIOS
- Take advantage of the Universal Meal Deal: The Meal Deal allows you to pay one price for unlimited dining at any of several counter service restaurants throughout the parks. You can get a Meal Deal for just one park or for a few dollars more, the Two Park Meal Deal. Also add a sipper cup which allows free refills all day on fountain beverages. The Deal is well worth the investment for anyone, and is a real blessing for those with larger appetites.
- Look For Package Discounts When Booking Your Vacation: By purchasing a discount Universal Studios vacation packages you will save money on your Universal Studios tickets and on your lodging. We are able to provide you the biggest discounts when you put the hotel and the tickets together as a package deal, and we pass these discounts to our customers. In addition we will have the Universal Studios tickets waiting for you at your hotel on the day you arrive. The average customer saves over $350 on our Universal Studios packages.
- Save On Hotel Reservations: Look at the Lake Buena Vista hotels for the greatest discounts. The Lake Buena Vista area is on the North side of Disney World and only about 10 minutes to Universal Studios. Since there are more hotels in the Lake Buena Vista area as compared to the Universal Studios, you can save as much as 60% on your lodging by simply driving a short 10 minutes every day.
- Splurge At Lunch: If you want to splurge on a table service meal, eat lunch rather than dinner. Lunch prices may run as late as 4 pm depending on season, and are generally around half the price of dinner. Also consider sharing a meal. Portions are enormous, easily big enough for two.
- Do Not buy Express Passes Unnecessarily: This paid program is a real blessing for those who have only one day or visit during extremely crowded times, as it allows you priority entrance at each major attraction once during the day. However, if you have a few days allotted or you visit during the slower season, Express Passes are generally not needed. Since each person in your party needs his or her own Express Pass, the cost savings of simply standing in lines can be significant.
- Put Off Your Souvenir Purchasing Until The Last Day: There are fabulous items for sale throughout both parks and CityWalk. Give yourself time to shop around and decide what you truly want in order to curb impulse spending.
- Pack Appropriately: The weather in Orlando is ever changing, and the theme parks make a killing selling logo ponchos, sweatshirts, and towels to guest who did not plan appropriately. If you purchase clothing items at Universal Orlando, it should be by choice, not because you’re suddenly drenched from an afternoon rain show. It is a good idea to always bring a poncho with you to the parks especially in the summer time. A rain shower can pop up out of nowhere.
- Carry A Backpack Containing a Few Snacks And Drinks: Although it is still technically against the rules to bring in food, allowance is made for a small quantity of snack food. Make sure that you bring candy and other fun snacks, as there are vending machines strategically placed in queues and other central locations. The vending machines are extremely overpriced, so distract your kids with their favorite snacks instead.
- Look For CityWalk Discounts: If you want table service dining at CityWalk’s legendary restaurants, look into special offers that may be in effect. Perhaps you can leave the kids with a sitter while you have a Dinner and a Movie special date night. A variety of promotions are usually offered, so visit City Walk Universal Studios Guest Services for information.
- Keep In Mind That CityWalk Is FREE To Enter: You pay only for the nightclubs. Therefore, it is easy to make a special evening out of simply strolling and shopping, perhaps having dinner on the outside patio of one of the less expensive eateries.
- Save By Snacking: A nice alternative to the Meal Deal is the plethora of snack stands throughout the parks. An entire meal can be assembled by browsing the stands, often at a significant price savings over purchasing a meal.
- Enjoy The View: Keep yourself and the family distracted when walking through the parking garage and CityWalk. Brightly lit carts selling all manner of light up toys and other goodies are everywhere. Remember that these items are impulse buys and generally not worth the investment. Try not to even stop, but just walk right on by.
Remember that this is your vacation, and you do not have to follow all these tips. In fact, we suggest you only follow the ones that fit your personality and that of your families. Relax, this is your vacation a time to unwind from the stresses of everyday life, don’t bring more stress on yourself by trying to save every nickel, dime, and quarter. Don’t forget to purchase your discount Universal Studios tickets prior to coming on your vacation, this one tip could save you up to $20 a person.