Things To Do in Orlando In June
In the United States, schools is out for summer in June. Orlando offers one of the best destinations to entertain families. Prepare to face the heat of Florida and plan ahead to avoid the most challenging times of the day in theme parks.
Some Orlando Hotels you can visit with exceptional customer service and best prices are Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites with Waterpark, Red Lion Lake Buena Vista with Water Park, Clarion Hotel Universal Studios, Radisson Park Inn near Disney World, Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista, among others. Vacation packages include lodging (Hotels, Orlando vacation homes) and Disney World tickets, SeaWorld tickets, Universal tickets, dinner shows, and more.
- How busy is Orlando in June?
- What to wear in Orlando in June?
- How hot is Orlando In June?
- When does the sunset in Orlando in June?
- Events in Orlando in June?
- Things to do in Disney World Orlando in June?
- Things to do at Universal Orlando in June?
- Things to do at SeaWorld Orlando in June?
Orlando Vacation Packages
Choose from our exclusive Orlando Vacation Package Deals or create your own pack to accommodate your stay.
When you visit Orlando in June, expect to see some of the biggest crowds of the year. Most US schools start their summer vacation this month, and visitors will travel to Orlando to visit the theme parks and attractions. Expect to see long lines and delays for some of the most popular attractions, and go early to the park or “rope drop”. The major theme parks have paid services to cut the wait in lines such as Genie+, Express Pass, and Quick Queue.
- Above all, take plenty of sunscreen and apply it every day, even if the sky is closed. The Florida sun can be brutal and even those who say it doesn’t burn normally can have a bright red tone in Disney World.
- Summer holidays, of course, require shorts and t-shirts. You also need a swimsuit. Wear comfortable shoes on the way to the park and don’t forget to bring an umbrella or poncho.
It is hot in Florida year-round, so the summer can be intense.
It is also the start of Hurricane Season and it will rain, probably every day around 1 pm for about an hour. Just accept this, be prepared, and even run to your favorite park at this time as people tend to leave the park when it rains.
Orlando has a wealth of interesting qualities; one of our favorites is the endless list of great activities to practice! Every month, brand events, meal truck meetings, unique art exhibitions, shows, dinners, and more. Here are our favorite activities in June in Orlando. Activities include:
- The Baldwin Park of First Friday Festival: held on Friday in the center of Baldwin Park. More than 70 domestic craftsmen of all kinds will showcase their work in a shopping store and walk in the center of downtown Baldwin Park. The event often is held on the first Friday of each month every year and is suitable for families and pets. There is Free park admission
- Adult Science Night: Saturdays in the Orlando Science Center. Science Night Live at Orlando Science Center is a chance to illuminate your curious show with fun shows and programs … some adult drinks!
- Art and Music Market in the Park and Dining Market
WALT DISNEY WORLD
- Bring a reusable water bottle. You need plenty of water to fight heat and stay hydrated, which saves you money.
- Use the My Disney Experience mobile app to track waiting times and delays in multiple parks.
- Have a meet-up place in the park, even if you have phones, just in case you get separated.
- If you are going to Disney have your reservations well in advance.
- Magic Kingdom Park opens from 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM.
- Epcot – Future World from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- The Epcot – World Showcase Park opens from 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- Disney Hollywood Studios Park opens from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park opens from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park is opened from 10:00 AM -5:00 PM.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park is opened from 10:00 AM -5:00 PM.
- Disney Springs is opened from 10:00 AM -12:00 AM.
There is a lot you need to prepare for Disney World. A list of all the needs that you must pack for a Disney World Orlando vacation includes the following:
- Reusable Water Bottle – One of the things people don’t know about the parks is that you can get free water all day. If you go to a fast-food restaurant, ask for a glass of iced water.
- Portable Battery Charger – If you go to Disney World, you’ll probably use your phone a lot. The My Disney Experience app is extremely useful to check the waiting times or make a reservation, but it will eat up your battery life.
- A stroller- You can rent a baby carriage at Disney World or bring your own.
- Sunblock – Protect your skin and apply often.
- Disinfectant for hands, wet wipes.
- Medicines, ointment.
- Money and credit cards, tickets, cameras.
- Children’s change of clothes
- Mickey Mouse ears, autographs pen, and book.
- Disney toy pins trading
- Snacks, formula
UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™
Universal, like Disney, is very busy during the summer, so they don’t have a lot of special events going on to attract crowds, They don’t need to, the crowds are already there.
- Jazz lovers can enjoy “Harbor Nights” at the port organized by Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. It includes special nights, jazz music, fine dining, and entertainment in Harbor Square. It is a great way to escape from the crowds of amusement parks and enjoy a romantic evening as well as photos, sounds, and tastes of Italy without leaving the country.
Velocicoaster and Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure are both very popular in Islands of Adventure. Neither are included in Express Pass so you can only ride with the standby line. Head to Hagrids first as it will have the longest wait, then do Velocioaster.
If you are a Potter fan, make sure to get a Park to Park ticket to experience both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Also it is required to ride the Hogwarts Express.
The operating hours of Universal Volcano Bay start at 10:00 am and the closing hours are changing.
After a day in theme parks, head to Universal City Walk, where you can enjoy and relax with great food, refreshing drinks, and live music! The working hours of Universal CityWalk are between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm. The Universal CityWalk offers free parking after 6:00 pm and is open until 2:00 am. Please note that parking opening hours turn to vary.
It is hot during the day, hot at night; mostly sunny, but wind and rain are not uncommon. Here is what you’ll need.
- Portable phone charger – The app has the map of Universal, but also you will want to take pictures, use the virtual queue and mobile order. So have a portable charger to keep your phone up and running.
- An extra bag – Orlando is a shopping paradise in shopping centers. Take extra space with extra baggage that is not down the road.
- Snacks – Energy is the key to a successful trip to Central Florida. With many exciting activities to choose from, you must always be energetic and ready for adventure. Instead of spending money on food in the park, consider bringing your own.
- Sun protection – Bring sunglasses, a hat, sunblock, a parasol. It is sunny here.
- Reusable water bottle – Water is free at the water fountains throughout the park by the restrooms.
- Small Backpack – Keep your hands free as you explore everything in a small backpack. Choose a sturdy, comfortable backpack that you can easily store when you don’t need it. Consider a cross-body bag as you can bring it on to most rides.
- Swimsuit – There are pools in pretty much every hotel and vacation home. Also, the parks have water rides and sister water parks
- Wands – Just like when you go to Disney you may sport your ears, here you can show off your interactive wand and house robe.
Electric Ocean: As the sun goes down, the park comes alive with the shine of the Electric Ocean in SeaWorld Orlando, and it returns to a new summer of entertainment next year. With exciting nighttime shows and exciting music, guests are immersed in the wonders of the ocean, a spectacular ending to the fireworks, lasers, and fountains.
Park hours and show hours; SeaWorld Orlando is open for 365 days each year. For the safety of our guests and animals, attractions and exhibitions are sometimes closed for improvements. Park and showtimes are updated periodically. Most shows take 20-25 minutes. We suggest you come 15-20 minutes before the show to find a place (on the first busy days). Operating hours are from 9:00 am to 8:30 pm.
Remember good Planning is the key! We recommend or suggest you go to SeaWorld during the weekdays if possible. Because there are fewer people over there than on weekend.
- Be sure to pack and apply sunscreen often
- Put on a hat and sunglasses.
- Put on comfortable shoes. There’s so much walking at SeaWorld. Make sure you have comfortable shoes.
- Ensure you take your time. Be sure to watch the shows and and take a break from the heat.
- Take Poncho. It will rain.
- It is cheaper to bring snacks
- Have a reusable water bottle