Most Popular Rides At Orlando Theme Parks For Teens
Orlando theme parks are fun for all ages and there is no one too young or too old to appreciate the wonder, thrills, and magic of Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World. On your next trip with teens, it pays to know which parks and attractions they’re most likely to appreciate. From thrill rides to fun, educational opportunities, let’s briefly review the highlights of each option.
Disney’s Magic Kingdom
This park has the most rides of any of the four – and it’s got plenty of thrills for teens, too. All three of these rides are fast, fun, and super exciting.
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Soarin’ is one of the crowd favorites, but be sure to get here early for this hand-gliding simulator. Riders dangle their feet as they’re suspended 20 feet in front a huge screen that swoops them through a California adventure.
- Test Track gives riders the chance to customize their own vehicle and then take it through a rigorous quality check – including a speed test with a 60+ mile an hour speed.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Expedition Everest is a fantastic roller coaster that offers exceptional views of the beautiful Animal Kingdom park – and it even runs backwards!
- Kali River Rapids is a wet, wild ride
- Kilimanjaro Safari simulates a safari ride throughout the savanna of East Africa.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Rock ‘n Rollercoaster blasts rockin’ tunes at riders as they go through two inversions and a cork screw, and is definitely not for the faint of heart.
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror takes guests on a wild ride up and down an elevator shaft, and the screams of riders can be heard throughout the park.
Universal Studios Orlando Florida
You’ll find plenty of exciting rides at Universal Studios, including the award-winning:
- Transformers: The Ride 3D, an indoor roller coaster based on the Transformers film franchise
- Revenge of the Mummy
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster, which features an incredible combination of audio and special effects, as well as many never-been-done-before elements like the world’s first non-inverting loop.
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, an indoor steel roller coaster located inside Diagon Alley.
Universal Studios – Islands of Adventure
If your teen is all about thrill rides, then Universal’s Islands of Adventure is likely to be their favorite Orlando theme park. There are tons of heart-racing attractions here, including:
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster that launches you from zero to 40 miles per hour in just two seconds.
- Dragon Challenge, a twin roller coaster attraction that offers two adventures to choose from.
- Doctor Doom’s Fearfall that rockets riders 150 feet up into the air and drops them down even faster.
- The Jurassic Park River Adventure with an unbelievable 85 foot plunge down a waterfall.
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, a ground breaking ride that isn’t a thrill ride but is a must-do for any Harry Potter fans.
- Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls, a flume ride with one of the steepest water descents on the planet.
There are a lot of animal exhibits to explore in SeaWorld, but there are plenty of thrills for teens, too:
- Manta – This is the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. It all starts off with a head-first, face-down inverted nosedive – and it only gets more thrilling from there!
- Kraken – It’s been consistently ranked as one of the top coasters in the world by rider critics, and it’s not hard to see why. It’s blazing fast, it’s floorless, and it’ll take riders upside down and as high as the sky.
- Journey to Atlantis – Who says you have to choose between a fun, water flume ride and a thrilling roller coaster? This ride offers all the excitement of a roller coaster as you travel through dark, water passages, and down to a sunken, hidden city below.