The Daytona 500 UNOH Fanzone is Free for Children and Offers a Ton of Great Attractions
There’s so much to do at the Daytona 500 that it’s a little hard to imagine it could get even better – that is, until you learn about the Daytona 500 UNOH Fanzone. Free to children 12 and under, this is an experience that you won’t want to miss. Read on to check out all the unique activities and features of this great family-fun opportunity.
It’s been dubbed the most fan-friendly and hands-on experience in all of sports
According to the organizers, the UNOH Fanzone is going to not only be the most family friendly event in all of sports, but it will be the most hands on as well. They swear that no other experience in sports connects guests with the action quite like this does.
Named for the University of Northwestern Ohio, UNOH Fanzone brings together current fans with today’s hottest stars, legends of the past, and some of the fastest cars on the planet. Kids 12 and under are free, though note that daily admission to the Daytona 500 is required. Kids 12 and under also must be accompanied by an adult, and that adult must pay for admission to the UNOH Fanzone.
Expect incredible appearances from drivers and other VIPs
The UNOH Fanzone Alert Today Florida Main Stage is where a lot of the best events are going to take place. That’s where drivers and other VIPs are going to come up to talk about a wide variety of topics. The full line up has yet to be released, but some of the pas guests include:
- Rob Gronkowski
- Daytona 500 Grand Marshal Owen Wilson
- Daytona 500 Champion Ryan Newman
- Daytona 500 Honorary Starter LaDainian Tomlinson
- Daytona 500 Champion Jamie McMurray
The pre-race show features some incredible musicians
You need to have UNOH Fanzone Access to enjoy one of the longstanding traditions that makes the Daytona 500 such a unique event: The pre-race show. This will include major musical acts performing front and center for those in the fanzone.
Get front-row access to the driver introductions
If you want to be right on the side of the stage while the driver introductions are being done, then your only option is the UNOH Fanzone. Be there and be ready to greet and celebrate your favorite drivers. Cheer them on as they go around the track for a parade lap. This all happens just moments before the green flag signals the start of the race and is a great way to get pumped up for the excitement to come.
The UNOH Fanzone has an incredible array of activities all day long
Race day is on blast with a schedule chock full of activities that include everything from walking around pit road before the race begins, to unique autograph sessions with the stars of today and yesterday, the ability to watch the drivers and their crew work in the garages, and even signing the start and finish line.
Check out nine of the most exciting things scheduled for the 2018 Daytona 500 UNOH Fanzone
There are so many incredible experiences, activities, and special showings that we couldn’t begin to list them all. Here are nine of the options we’re most excited about:
- Garage view. Get the unique opportunity to watch the drivers and their crew as they get ready for the race.
- Historic displays. Take some time to enjoy collections that depict some of the best moments and drivers in the entire history of NASCAR.
- Autograph sessions. Take a break from the action to get unique access to autograph sessions from drivers and other VIPs throughout the day. Just be sure to bring your Sharpie!
- Walk the track. You can sign the start / finish line with your own signature. Leave your mark in a way you’ll remember for the rest of your life.
- Gatorade Victory Lane. Do you want a picture with you and the Harley J. Earl Daytona 500 trophy? Then this is the spot for you.
- FPL Solar patio. Though the excitement is something to be stoked about, remember that you’ll need some downtime too. The FPL Solar Patio is a great place to have a seat, take advantage of the shade, and get your phone charged.
- Huge video displays. If you don’t want to miss a second of the action then the UNOH Fanzone has you covered with their incredible 20 foot by 40 foot big screen.
- Kids zone. The littles can climb a rock wall, get their face painted, hop on a trampoline, and much more!
- Shopping. Do you want to bring home some souvenirs of your time at the Daytona 500? Then the Fanatics Infield Superstore is the spot for you. Get all your race gear needs when you shop all the official merchandise.
As you can see the Daytona 500 UNOH Fanzone is worth getting excited about. Whether you’re a kid, or just a kid at heart, there are things to do all day long.