What to look our for if you’re planning an offsite Hotel
Are you planning a trip to Disney World and not sure where to stay? Check out this helpful list of advantages and disadvantages to staying at an off-site Disney hotel. Using this guide you will learn the criteria for finding the best non Disney hotels in Orlando.
Book your Disney World Hotel Today!
We Offer the best deals in Hotels and Vacation Homes!
As Low As
- Off-site hotels generally offer more amenities and lower prices than on-site properties.
- The best non Disney hotels off-site are typically much larger. This is a huge advantage especially if you are staying for more than five days.
- Off-site hotels will allow you to put five people in a hotel room and at least six people in a suite. If you stay on-site the vast majority of standard rooms will only allow four people.
- Most off-site hotels offer free shuttle service to Disney World, and many also offer free shuttle service to Universal Studios and SeaWorld.
- Orlando has a lot more to offer than just Disney World. Staying in one of the best non-Disney hotels makes it easier to experience the many putt-putt golf courses, great family restaurants, huge shopping venues, and many of our smaller theme parks such as Gator Land or Fun Land.
- Most off-site hotels offer discounted tickets to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and SeaWorld if you stay with them.
- There are many hotels that offer free breakfast.
- If you’re traveling at the last minute, many of the best non-Disney hotels in Orlando offer exceptional last-minute specials – even during the busy season.
- Hotel quality greatly varies. If you stay in one of the best non Disney hotels though, you should not have a problem.
- Transportation to and from Walt Disney World can be difficult – especially during high seasons.
- Off-site guests don’t have access to Extra Magic Hours, where one park every day is either open an hour early or two hours late for on-site guests.
- The staff at off-site hotels may not be as familiar with Orlando attractions.
- Many off-site hotels are sharing shuttle services with other hotel properties. During the busy season this can lead to cramped buses.
- Guests staying off-site can book their FastPass+ attractions 30 days in advance, while those staying on Disney property can book them at 60 days. The good news is that with the exception of one or two rides, you’ll still have plenty of options at 30 days out.
If you were to ask me where you should stay when traveling to Orlando, my answer would be simple: stay in one of the best non Disney hotels that are still near Walt Disney World. While opinions will vary on this subject, the reality is that off-site Disney World hotels are much more affordable and offer many more amenities than you’ll find at on-site hotels.