Autism Friendly Orlando Hotels
Are you looking for an autism friendly hotel in Orlando? Well you have come to the right place. Here at OrlandoVacation.com we have over 30 years of experience, helping families book the best hotel and theme park tickets for their Orlando vacation. In addition, in 2018 we are proud to announce that over 75% of our staff became a Certified Autism Travel Professional through the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES).
Popular Autism Friendly Orlando Hotels
Sheraton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Resort
This hotel is located just a ½ mile to Disney World. It features an onsite restaurant, beautifully remodeled rooms, and free shuttle service to Walt Disney World Resort. This hotel has a huge resort style pool which the entire hotel is built around.
As Low As
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites with Waterpark
Less than 2 miles to Disney World
Orlando’s only family-inspired, all-suite resort and waterpark. Holiday Inn Suites is its own adventure! The resort’s Lagoon Waterpark features seven slides, a splash zone, cabanas, and family pool areas. You’ll also find mini-golf, an enormous arcade, a 4D experience theatre, and the Laser Challenge.
As Low As
Autism Certified Hotels in Orlando
In 2021, the three Marriott hotels in the Marriott village all three became Certified Autism hotels by the IBCCES. These three hotels are: Marriott Fairfield, Marriott Courtyard, and Marriott Springhill Suites all three located at the Marriott Village. The unique thing about these three properties is they are Lake Buena Vista Hotels near Disney World. They sit right next to each other and if you stay in one of these three hotels you may use the other two properties amenities just as if you were staying there.
So what does it mean to be a certified autism friendly hotel? This means that over 80% of the hotel’s staff is trained on Autism, the hotel must be committed to ongoing training, and the hotel staff must be committed to serving individuals with Autism.
Here at Orlandovacation.com one of the ways we are committed to serving individuals with autism and their families is by providing a free downloadable autism guide to Disney World. This guide shows you how to navigate through the parks and it also has a map to show you where the designated quiet rooms are located.
What to look for in an Autism Friendly Orlando Hotel
All the hotels near Disney World are going to be crowded and they are going to be louder than most of the hotels you have probably stayed in before. The key is to know your options and please feel free to give us a call or chat with us online if you have any questions.
You really have three main options when it comes to booking a hotel room in Orlando Florida. You can stay in a normal hotel room, you can stay in an autism friendly vacation home, or you can stay in one of the many Orlando resorts.
Your typical hotel room such as a Aloft near SeaWorld, the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista, or the Hampton Inn Lake Buena vista all three of these hotels will offer you a quitter stay. Now the hotels might not have all the amenities you are looking for, but do you really need all those amenities especially if you are going to be at the theme parks for nearly 10 to 12 hours a day walking as much as 10 miles per day.
Your second option would be to book a room at one of the many Orlando resorts. These resorts typically offer a 2- or 3-bedroom unit, and they offer such amenities as a pool area with waterpark and/or lazy river, miniature golf, activities run by the resort staff such as bingo and T-Shirt tied dying. The huge advantage to these properties is the extra space you will get with your room and all the activities the resort has going on pretty much throughout the day. Sometimes these resorts are not the most autism friendly choices, sometimes there is simply too much going on and too much excitement.
The third and finale option is an autism friendly vacation home near Disney World. We have been managing vacation homes in Orlando since 2006 and a few of our homes are autism friendly. These homes offer you the extra space and the privacy the other two lodging options do not offer. However, all our vacation homes do have pools, and this can pose a danger to some people.
Tips for Traveling to Orlando with an Autistic Child
- Bring a go to bag with you when traveling to Orlando. This bag should include some of your child’s favorite games, snacks, and electronic games. If your flight is delayed or traffic is bad, you can always bring this bag out and keep your child occupied.
- Talk about the experience before going on vacation. You want to prepare your child for the experiences they are going to see when they get here to Orlando the more prepared, they are they more likely they are going to be to adapt to the circumstances.
- Stick to your routine as much as possible. Try to eat the same type of foods you would eat at home, stick to the same bedtimes and wake at the same time every morning. The more you stick to your routine the more enjoyable the vacation is going to be.
- Have one person go check-in at the front desk. If your child is anxious and wants to get out of the car take them for a walk around the quitter areas of the hotel. The key is to keep them busy and moving.
Orlando Hotels Autism Friendly Nightly rates and Resort Fees
Almost every hotel in Orlando charges a resort fee. These fees range in prices from $7 a night to over $50 a night. Check the hotels small print so you know exactly what how much you are going to be paying per night. These resort fees are typically paid by the guests upon check-in.
If you can travel during the week, this is going to be the best time to come to Orlando. The weekends (Friday and Saturday nights are extremely busy), but Sunday through Wednesday are not that bad even during peak season.
Why Book with Orlandovacation.com?
In closing, we know you have many options when booking you Orlando hotel stay, and we would like to thank-you for considering OrlandoVacation.com. Here are a few reasons why you should book with us:
- We have been helping guests plan their Orlando vacations since 1993. We are the oldest and most reputable travel company in Orlando, and this is not a title we carry lightly.
- We promise to do everything in our power to make sure you have a great Orlando hotel experience, and we promise to do everything in our power to make sure any issue that might come up gets corrected quickly and easily. We understand this is an expensive vacation, and we want this to be a vacation of a lifetime for all our Orlando hotel guests.
- We are located right here in Orlando and Central Florida is the only market we represent. We have found being extremely focused on just one market allows us to provide better customer service and the lowest rates on the Orlando hotels we represent. If you find the nightly rate lower on a property represent, please bring it to our attention, and we will gladly match the nightly rate.