Retired Attractions – The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management)
As the audience watches while waiting to enter the theater, two toucans have a heated discussion. Morris and William, the two toucans, don’t seem to like each other and crack jokes throughout the pre-show. Aladdin’s Iago and The Lion King’s Zazu take over and hosts the rest of the show. They sing musical numbers, Iago ends up irritating the tiki gods and is banished. Eventually, he returns to a different location, looking charred by his ordeal. Along the way, a new set of musical numbers includes “Hot! Hot! Hot!” and “Conga.” The tiki gods perform a doo-wop rendition of “In the Still of the Night.”
- • The attraction ran for almost thirteen years from April 1998 until January 2011, when a small fire damaged the attraction, leading Disney to bring back the original Enchanted Tiki Room to Florida.
- • After the fire, the original attraction re-opened as Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room.
- Opened: April 5, 1998
- Closed: January 12, 2011
- Former Location: Adventureland
- Replaced: Tropical Serenade
- Park: Magic Kingdom
- Attraction Type: Audio-Animatronic Theater show
Don’t Miss Out
Check out the amazing Disney attractions before they too become retired in time. It doesn’t matter if you are buying discount Disney World tickets or an Orlando vacation package complete with an Orlando vacation pool home. We can set a payment plan up for you. All you have to do is call in and tell us how much you want to pay on your vacation. After every payment you make, we will simply email you a receipt and an updated invoice. It will detail your current balance left on your Orlando vacation. Click here to learn more about our payment options!