One of the most fun things for the whole family to do at Hollywood Studios is to try and spot the Hidden Mickey’s which are planted throughout the park. What is a Hidden Mickey? Simple, it is a mixture of objects that are put together to resemble Mickey Mouse’s head. It looks similar to this oOo.
Some of the Hidden Mickey’s that can be seen at Hollywood Studios are:
- In the lobby of the Tower of Terror; the two double doors which you walk through have hidden Mickey’s on them.
- There is a hidden Mickey below the ticket booth outside Hollywood Studios
- On Star Tours, before boarding their ships, guests move through a queue that is filled with familiar faces and futuristic props. One room features a screen high above which portrays the shadows of individuals walking behind it. Guests who pay attention might spot R2D2 gliding past at one point wearing iconic Mickey Ears.
- On Rock ‘n Roller Coaster, in the recording studio, guests should look on the floor of the studio to spot a Hidden Mickey made out of coiled wires.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is the highest attraction at Disney World standing 199 feet tall. It is larger than Cinderella Castle (185 feet), Spaceship Earth (180 feet), and The Tree of Life (145 feet).
- The Earffel Tower, Disney-Hollywood Studios’ water tower landmark, has the largest set of ears and if you were to put a hat on the tower it would wear a hat size of 342 ¾.
- Hollywood Studios opened on May 1, 1989.