Many of the attractions at Animal Kingdom are accessible to guests in wheelchairs via the mainstream entrance of the attraction. Others may require guests in wheelchairs to enter through a more convenient auxiliary entrance. In this case, up to five members of the party may accompany a guest in a wheelchair. Additional members of the party may use the mainstream entrance.
Disney World Vacation Packaged!
Start your Disney world Vacation Packages
Lowest Prices Guaranteed!
As Low As
Boarding the Ride:
Wheelchairs are permitted on many of the rides at Animal Kingdom. For some rides, the guest must transfer from his/her own wheelchair to a wheelchair provided on the ride. Yet other rides will require the guest to transfer into the actual seat of the ride itself. For rides requiring transfers, the guest in a wheelchair must be able to transfer independently or with the assistance of a member of his/her party. Please keep in mind that Disney employees are not allowed to physically help a guest make the transfer. Use the table below to help you decide which attractions you would like to visit.
Wheelchair Rental Locations:
- Creature Comforts (replacement location)
- Garden Gate Gifts inside Main Entrance (also rents ECVs)
- Mombasa Marketplace (replacement location)
- Outpost (limited quantities)
Companion Restroom Locations:
- First Aid
- Safari Village opposite Flame Tree Barbecue
- Harambe Village in the Mombasa Marketplace
- Chester and Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures in DinoLand
- Asia near Maharajah Jungle Trek