Some of the Hidden Mickey’s that can be seen at Animal Kingdom are:
- If you are in the Safari Village on the Discovery Riverboats look onto Discovery Island. On the 2nd bridge, on the right-handside is a Mickey head on the big log with a trim around it.
- On the ride Mount Everest when you get to the top of the roller coaster hill right before you are about to head down there is a Mickey head which is a laminated Mickey head right above you.
- On the Safari Vehicles there is a Mickey Head on the seats and on the caps which go over the caps of the hubs. When you are on the vehicle keep your eyes peeled as there are literally hundreds of Hidden Mickey’s out on the open range.
Hidden Mickey’s are the hidden Mickey ear and face, usually shadowed, which are fun to find throughout the park. They will often look similar to this when seen throughout the parks oOo. Look for extras on your own or ask a Cast Member to see if they will share the secret of the Hidden Mickey.
- Biggest Ever – Disney’s Animal Kingdom encompasses 500 acres, the company’s biggest theme park. The centerpiece is The Tree of Life, 14 stories high and 50 feet wide at its trunk. On opening day, there were more than 1,000 live animals.
- April 22, 1998 is the opening date of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Expedition Everest features the tallest “mountain” in Florida at 199 feet tall.
- The best time to see the animals on the safari adventure is in the early morning or late afternoon. Disney is typically very thorough with their planning however they never took into consideration the effects the heat in Orlando would have on the animals. During the daytime most of the animals are very lethargic and pretty much just stand in the shade.