Universal Studios Mardi Gras 2021
Experience an international gastronomic festival with gastronomy and entertainment inspired by the international carnival celebrations. Savor the flavors of Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Germany, Spain, and other regions, including New Orleans, of course. Plus, enjoy spectacular floats, street performances, music, pearls, and more throughout the theme park. Every day from February 6 to March 28 Included in the theme park ticket or annual ticket.
Mardi Gras 2021 – Parade:
Unfortunately, another important element of Universal Mardi Gras, the parade, has gone the same as the weekly concerts. This is because the medical mandate is to maintain a distance of six feet between groups of people. To fill this gap, Universal took a page from the recent Holiday Experience Showcasing Macy’s Balloons, where several floats from the traditional Holiday Parade were placed for guests to read silently.
For Mardi Gras, the parade floats will be strewn across the park rather than in a building, and various performers, walkers, and dancers will also move around them as they circle the park.
Universal Mardi Gras Carnival flavors
A diverse global food festival featuring more than 70 delicious dishes in 13 locations around the world. Iconic Cajun dishes and traditional Carnival flavors are offered along with a selection of delicious dishes.
- Porkchop and Bavarian pretzels from Germany, the famous Mixed Paella and Fried Milk from Spain, and the Belgian waffle from Liege from Belgium
- Other popular flavors from Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Cuba, Italy, France, and other flavors will be available, including exclusive lanyards for ticket holders.
- New Orleans fan-favorite Cajuns like Crawfish Boil, Jambalaya, Beignets, and other Big Easy treats
- Classic island carnival dishes like Pernil and Mofongo from Puerto Rico, Vegan Pholourie from Trinidad and Tobago, and Jerk Chicken from the Bahamas
Mardi Gras 2021 Concert:
Music is an important part of the Mardi Gras tradition in New Orleans, and it is usually no different at Universal Studios. However, large crowds should be avoided during 2021, as the coronavirus is still everywhere. So all the concerts have been canceled.
Though, if you’re still looking for some music to cheer up your spirits when you see passersby and enjoy the king’s cake, don’t worry! Universal will continue to have great marching bands roaming the streets of Universal Studios creating the soundtrack to your living room.
Mardi Gras 2021 – Tribute Store:
Universal applied the Tribute Store model to Mardi Gras for the second time! Not only does this reflect the growing importance of Elements at nearly every annual Universal Orlando Resort event, but it also offers another great opportunity for a broader theme. This year, with the help of a direct description from Universal itself:
- A warehouse facing the sea with all kinds of treasure and contraband.
- Jazz hall leaps from the 1920s with dueling pianos and wind instruments blaring
- A nautical tomb full of flowers where many sea captains are buried
Given how much fun last year was, we are excited to see what this spring has to offer.