Orlando for Beginners: How to Choose the Right Hotel
Planning your first trip to Orlando might feel overwhelming when you first start. Where do you even begin? One of the first and most important decisions will be where you’ll stay. Let’s take a look at some of the things to consider when choosing your hotel, plus outline your main options.
Top 4 things to consider when choosing your hotel
While everyone’s situation will be different, these are the four main things you’ll keep in mind as you look through your hundreds of options.
- Capacity. If you’re a family of four you may not want a hotel room with two double beds, while a married couple with no kids wouldn’t likely want a 3-bedroom villa. Start by narrowing down options based on the size of your group.
- Location. You don’t want to spend an hour every day just getting to and from the parks. There are hotels within Disney property, but these are generally very expensive and aren’t that much closer than other hotels. In fact, you can rent hotel rooms and vacation homes that are 15 minutes or less from the Disney parks.
- Price. Many people believe that a trip to Disney will cost you thousands of dollars. The truth is that it can be more affordable than you think – or you could treat yourself to a luxury resort. Either way is fine, but keep your budget in mind as you look at your options.
- Amenities. In some cases it may be worth it to pay more if it means getting better value. For example, some hotels or homes will have full-service kitchens. These can be well worth the extra cost as they could save you hundreds of dollars when you cook your own meals versus paying in the parks.
The 2 main types of accommodations
You’ll have two main types of accommodations: hotel resorts and Orlando vacation homes. Both have huge advantages. Let’s take a look.
- Hotel resorts. These resort hotels are affordable, convenient, and offer wonderful amenities like themed pools and transportation to and from the parks. They are generally recommended for families or small groups.
- Orlando vacation homes. These homes range from 3-bedroom all the way to 8-bedroom and start at just $99 a night. They’re great for larger groups, but smaller families find a lot of advantages in theme too, as parents have privacy and room to hang out after the kids go to sleep in their private bedrooms. Some vacation homes have private pools, chef’s kitchens, washers and dryers, and more!
No matter where you stay, you’ll love your first trip to Orlando! Just take a look at the above tips to find the best accommodations for your group.
The post Orlando for Beginners: How to Choose the Right Hotel appeared first on Orlandovacation.com.