Movies to watch before your Orlando vacation
If you’re heading to Orlando, you need to book your room, secure your dining reservations and plan out your travel route – but a little advanced movie viewing will help you enjoy the rides more. This research will be fun – and you’ll be able to fully enjoy the movie themed rides and attractions at the Orlando theme parks.
Add the entire library of Disney princess movies to your list, along with plenty of kid’s animation – and you’ll be well on your way. Mickey, Tinkerbell and the princesses are obvious, but don’t overlook these classic films as well.
Watch the movie, and then enjoy the ride:
- Star Wars Saga: Star Tours in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Toy Story 1, 2, 3: Toy Story Mania, Buzz Light-year’s Space Ranger Spin
- Finding Nemo: The Living Seas, Epcot & Nemo Rocks, Animal Kingdom
- A Bug’s Life: It’s Tough to be a Bug, Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Monsters, Inc: Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor, Magic Kingdom
- Alice in Wonderland: Mad Tea Party, Magic Kingdom
- Dumbo: Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Magic Kingdom
- Peter Pan: Peter Pan’s Flight, Magic Kingdom
- Wizard of Oz: The Great Movie Ride, Hollywood Studios
- The Muppet Movie: Muppet Vision 3d
- The Mummy: Revenge of the Mummy
- Harry Potter 1-8, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Jurassic Park: Jurassic Park
- Spiderman: The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman
- The Simpsons Movie (or television show): The Simpson’s Ride
- Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- Cat in the Hat, The Grinch who stole Christmas: Seuss Landing
Pop in a few of these classic films before you leave home – and bring a few DVDs along for the ride, too. You’ll be able to watch movies in many different hotel room types and in all vacation home rentals, so pack your favorites, particularly if you are traveling with kids.