How to Find and Use Assistive Listening Devices at Walt Disney World
There are numerous devices available at Walt Disney World for those with hearing impairments. One is the Assistive Listening Device, which helps you hear the magic going on around you. It is a lightweight wireless device that receives a radio signal or infrared signal from overhead transmitters and amplifies the sound at certain locations throughout the park.
These devices are recommend to be used by guest who have mild to moderate hearing loss. They’re available at all 4 parks in the Guest Relations booth, and require a $25 deposit. This deposit is totally refundable, though the device must be returned on the same day to get the refund.
Not every ride and attraction offers Assistive Listening Devices. Let’s take a look at where you can expect to use them.
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Dream-Along With Mickey
- Jungle Cruise
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor
- Stitch’s Great Escape
- The Hall of Presidents
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Beauty and the Beast
- The Magic of Disney Animation
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Disney Junior
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- The American Idol Experience
- Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream
- The Great Movie Ride
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Ellen’s Energy Adventure
- Impressions de France
- Reflections of China
- Test Track
- The American Adventure
- Conservation Station
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Wildlife Express Train: Africa Station
- Wildlife Express Train: Rafiki’s Planet Watch Station
More great articles can be found like this one in our Special Needs Planning Section.
The post How to Find and Use Assistive Listening Devices at Walt Disney World appeared first on Orlandovacation.com.