Disney World recently announced some changes to the ongoing Fantasyland expansion and update. If you will be visiting the Orlando area from now until 2014, these changes may impact your time in the Magic Kingdom. Expect to see some signs of ongoing construction and for some areas to be closed to guests. The new, revised timeline is listed below, and is current as of press time.
- The first of two Dumbo rides—expect the same classic experience with a more comfortable waiting zone.
- Guests have reported soft openings of the re-booted Barnstormer kiddie coaster
Opening July 2012:
- The second Dumbo ride, along with an interactive indoor queueing area. If you’ve visited the new interactive line queues at the Haunted Mansion or Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, you’ll have an idea what to expect from the new Dumbo zone.
- A splash zone, adjacent to the Dumbo/circus tent area.
Opening holiday/winter 2012:
- Be Our Guest restaurant, with a Beauty and the Beast castle theme
- Gaston’s Tavern (dining)
- Enchanted Tales with Belle (character storytime)
- Ariel’s Grotto (character greeting location)
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid (new dark ride)
2014, date to be announced
- 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (roller coaster with innovative tracking and seating components)
While construction is going on, you can still ride all of your favorites, just expect to see walls blocking off some of Fantasyland and some construction zone activity in the months leading up to completion.
Win A Free Ticket To Disney World
Sign-up for our newsletter to be entered into our monthly drawing to Win A Free Ticket to Disney World! Terms & Conditions