How To Save Money While Visiting Disney World
I was doing a little research today about money saving tips to Disney World, and as I often do I researched what tips worked for other families. I particularly liked what Simon Fairbairn and Erin McNeaney wrote in this article.
If you are looking for a good read I suggest following Simon and Erin on their blog. In 2010 they sold everything and set out to travel the world forever…they post some very cool stories.
Here are some great money saving tips:
1) Stay Outside the Resorts- Hotels outside the resorts can save you literally $100’s on your vacation, and quite frankly most people spend 10 to 14 hours a day at Disney World.
2) Choose the best tickets for you– A 1 day ticket to Disney is $89, and if your budget only allows you to visit 1 day then you should use that day to explore the Magic Kingdom. If you can stay a little longer you should look at buying the 4 day base ticket. This ticket will allow you to visit each park for 1 full day.
3) Don’t forget about Universal Studios– With the addition of the Harry Potter attraction, Universal Studios Orlando is becoming more and more popular. Couple this with the fact that a multi-day ticket to Universal Studios is much less than a multi-day ticket to Disney, you might want to consider visiting just Universal Studios or perhaps a combo Universal Studios and SeaWorld ticket.
4) Take Lunch and Snacks– This is a great money saving tip. All the theme parks do allow you to take snacks into the park and we suggest getting a small back pack to put the items in. Food can get quite expensive inside the parks.
5) Take a water bottle- There are plenty of water fountains to refill your bottle, and it is hot here in Orlando (especially in the summer) so you should replenish your lost water throughout the day.
6) Eat Dinner Outside the Park– Again, food is very expensive inside the parks so eating outside the park can save you a lot of money. Since there are so many visitors to Disney World every day (over 1 million visitors a week), there are literally hundreds of restaurants located just outside the gate in the Lake Buena Vista and Kissimmee areas.
7) Allow some treats– Remember you are on vacation so if you find a delectable treat you just can’t resist go ahead a splurge a little. Some of the most popular treats are: fudge, doughnuts, pretzels, cinnamon buns, and frozen lemonade.
If you implement these money saving tips on your next Orlando vacation, we are sure you are going to save some money.
If you want to save on your Orlando hotel or vacation home, we are here to help you. We have been in the industry since the beginning and are the only company that still prides itself in providing the best prices and customer service to our guests. Heck, if you have any questions about Orlando- food, transportation, etc. just give us a call 1.800.641.4008 or ask us online. We are here to help!
Win A Free Ticket To Disney World
Sign-up for our newsletter to be entered into our monthly drawing to Win A Free Ticket to Disney World! Terms & Conditions