Can Parents Enjoy a Night Out While at Disney World?
Taking young children to Disney World is a truly magical experience, but it can also be a bit overwhelming for the parents. It’s your vacation too, and the good news is that there are a number of ways you can sneak away for a few hours to have a romantic dinner with your spouse.
Childcare right in your room
Many parents choose to work with Kid’s Nite Out, which is an in-room childcare service. Qualified, heavily vetted, certified and insured child care workers come directly to your hotel room or vacation home and babysit at your convenience.
Each worker brings a bag full of toys and games so you don’t have to pack the entire toy chest when you come down. Some parents choose to put the kids to bed, have the sitter come over, and grab a relaxing dinner with their partner. Others hire a sitter for the entire day. It’s up to you! You can even get a helper who will come along to the parks with you and take off some of the pressure.
The most recently published rules and rates are:
- $16.00 per hour for 1 child, $2.50 an hour for every additional child
- If you have more than 4 children, all children must be at least 2 years old
- Additional fees occur if you need services that start after 8:59 pm or before 6:30 am
- Babysitting available for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- A transportation fee of $10 is added to the bill
- There is a 4-hour minimum
- Cancellations require 24 hour notice
- Advance reservations are required
- There may be special rates for holidays and special events
Children’s activity centers
There are also several children’s activity centers throughout the resorts at Disney hotels. You don’t have to be a guest at the resorts to take part in these activity centers, which means you can take advantage of the significant savings you’ll get by staying offsite, yet you can take the kids to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Resort, or several other locations, and let them play with a group of kids, all supervised by well-trained Disney cast members, while you go off and enjoy the parks with your spouse.
Disney World may be known as a kid’s destination, but most parents who’ve been there realize that there’s a ton to do for adults, too.
The post Can Parents Enjoy a Night Out While at Disney World? appeared first on Orlandovacation.com.