5 Ways to Save on your Orlando Vacation
There are plenty of ways you can save money on your Orlando vacation — even before you arrive in Florida. Saving money on your biggest ticket items, including accommodations, food, and theme park tickets will help you trim your vacation budget without missing out on any fun.
- Accommodations: Where you stay has a big impact on your vacation budget. Consider all of your options, including resorts and rental homes to see what features are most important to you. You may find that one category or another serves your needs well at a price you can afford.
- Schedule: Plan your trip for the off-season and save big on your room and on packages. The off-season for an Orlando vacation usually means fall or winter travel. Visiting in the off-season has additional perks as well–you’ll see fewer crowds and spend less time waiting in line.
- Package Deals: No matter when you visit, look for packages that offer a resort room with theme park tickets. While a package won’t always be a bargain, they are worth exploring as you plan your trip.
- Budget Dining: You can still enjoy some of the area’s best restaurants when you travel on a budget. Choose lunch over dinner and you’ll enjoy the same menu at a reduced rate when you visit a table service dining location. Book a vacation home or condo and you’ll be able to cook up meals for the whole family in a fully equipped kitchen.
- Save on Souvenirs: Picking up a memento or two of your trip is a good idea; blowing your budget on mouse ears isn’t. Select inexpensive but meaningful souvenirs, particularly for kids. Pressed pennies at Disney World can be had for just 51 cents each, and are fun to make — and character autographs are free. Be creative, set a souvenir budget for each family member, and stick to it to avoid over-spending on your vacation.