Orlando Florida Autism Friendly Resorts
Though traveling should always be a relaxing experience, planning the getaway of your dreams can grow complicated if you or someone in your party has special needs. Whether you’re hoping to enjoy one of Orlando’s many amusement parks or simply unwind in a resort-like setting, finding the best hotels for an autistic child might seem like a challenge.
We’re here to help! Since everyone deserves to have a memory-making trip regardless of their special needs, we’ve outlined everything you need to know to find autism-friendly resorts in Florida. So, keep the following information in mind to help your child enjoy their experience as much as possible.
How to Find Orlando Resorts for Kids with Autism
Deviations from the norm can often be anxiety-inducing for children with autism, which is why many parents sometimes struggle with finding a suitable hotel for their family. Ultimately, you’ll need to stay somewhere where you’re able to create a routine that grants them a sense of familiarity and comfort, as well as some much-needed quiet away from the sensory distractions occurring outside.
As such, we always recommend that families opt for a vacation home during their stay. Locations like the Champions Gate Resort offer a few unique features for guests with autistic children to make the most of their stay, including:
- Privacy for Quiet Time: Rather than stay in the same hotel building as a few hundred fellow guests, your party will enjoy a private home where your child can unwind in peace and quiet. The property will provide ample opportunity for respite away from the sensory overload experienced at an amusement park or other entertainment venues.
- Child-friendly Amenities: When your kid is ready to go outside and enjoy their day, you don’t need to travel far: you’ll find a waterpark, cinema, game room, and so much more right there at the resort! This is incredibly useful, since families will only be a short walk away from their vacation home in case their child is triggered at any point of the experience.
- Optimal Location: Additionally, most autism-friendly resorts in Orlando are situated near all the destinations on your itinerary. For instance, Champion’s Gate is 19-minutes from Disney World, which means you can rest easy knowing your vacation home is only a short drive away if your child needs a break from the park.
- Routine Building: Finally, we know that autistic children benefit greatly from routines they are familiar with. As such, a vacation home enables families to continue their at-home routine without distraction, thanks to all the privacy that comes with a rental house.
Additional Travel Tips
If you’ve decided what resort you’d like to stay at, you can use some of these additional tips to help your child feel comfortable:
- Plan activities you know your child will enjoy
- Make special accommodations prior to arrival
- If flying, prepare your child for the experience
- Pack emergency items like noise-canceling headphones
Plan an Autism-friendly Vacation Today
Orlando Vacation’s travel experts are happy to help families with special needs enjoy an amazing getaway. Contact us to find deals on the best hotels for autistic children, park tickets, and more!