Opening its doors (and rides) to the world on Oct. 15, 2011, Legoland is Orlando’s latest and greatest theme park treasure and is on the property of previous Orlando attraction, Cypress Gardens, which closed in 2009. It’s safe to say that Legoland is just about any child’s dreamland, especially for the ones who love to build with Legos.Legoland Florida is the fifth and largest Lego theme park in the world. Other locations include England, Germany, Denmark and California. The sixth location is soon to be Malaysia.
Legoland is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Broken into 10 themed zones, the park has 50 rides, family rides, shows, interactive play areas, retail shops, restaurants and a factory tour showing how Lego bricks are made. To make your Legoland experience a little easier, we’ve broken down the different areas, what to see, where to shop and places to eat.
Attractions At Legoland Florida
- The Beginning: The Beginning is the parks colorful and inviting entrance where you can find ticket sales, guest services and much more. Rides you can find are Island in the Sky, shop at The Big Shop and eat at the Market Restaurant.
- Fun Town: Fun Town allows guests to truly get the feeling that they have entered a LEGO village. For rides, you will find the Factory Tour, the Grand Carousel, the Fresh Florida Greenhouse. Make sure to check out the shows at the Wells Fargo 4D Theater. When you want to shop, you can find LEGO Studios, Pick a Brick, Garden Shop, Minifigure Market, and LEGO Friends. To eat you can find Granny’s Apple Fries, Fun Town Slushies, Pizza & Pasta Buffet and Sunny’s Ice Cream Shop.
- Miniland USA: Miniland USA is the heart of every Legoland park. For attractions you can find replicas of the Daytona Int’l Speedway, Florida, Kennedy Space Center, Pirate’s Shores, California, New York, Washington DC, and Las Vegas.
- DUPLO Village: Ideal for toddlers and youngsters who love to fly planes, drive care and explore a whole town, DUPLO Village is just that. Rides and attractions are the DUPLO Farm, Granny’s Jalopies, Big Red Rally and the Junior Fire Academy.
- LEGO Kingdoms: LEGO Kingdoms takes kids back to medieval times with the LEGOLAND Castle. Rides and attractions are the Royal Joust, the Forestmen’s Hideout, the Dragon, and Merlin’s Challenge. You can shop at the King’s Market and eat at Castle Burger.
- LEGO City: LEGO City is the perfect place for kids to go to live out their dreams in a town created just for them. Rides and attractions are the Rescue Academy, Ford Jr. Driving School, Ford Driving School, Flying School and Boating School. Make sure you see the Big Test Show Live, shop at City Shopping and eat at Drivin’ Drive-In or City Stage Snack Bar.
- Imagination Zone: The Imagination Zone emphasizes exploring and creation while showcasing seven of the most visually exciting LEGO models in the world. Ride and attractions are the LEGO Mindstorms, Build & Test, LEGO Hero Factory, and Kid Power Towers. Don’t forget to grab a bite at I-Zone Panini.
- LEGO Technic: Zoom, splash or soar in LEGO Technic, the most extreme of the park’s zones with LEGO Technic Test Track, AQUAZONE Wave Racers and Technicycle. Get a bite to eat at Lakeside Sandwich Co. or Robot Pit Stop, test your skills at Extreme Games or shop in the Extreme Zone for exclusive LEGOLAND Florida apparel.
- Pirates Cove: Pirates’ Cove is home to LEGOLAND Florida’s very own water ski and stunt show, The Battle for Brickbeard’s Bounty, as well as Cap’nBrickbeard’s Burgers.
- LEGOLAND Florida has taken great care to preserve the soul of the park, it’s historic gardens established on the grounds of its Cypress Gardens predecessor more than 75 years ago.
For almost one year, Legoland has been the talk of the town for all families. With new an integrated rides and attractions, there is not doubt that you and your children will have a memorable time. The park opens daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., with admission prices $75 for ages 13-59, and $65 for 3-12 and 60-plus. Parking is $12. For more information about going to Legoland for your Orlando Vacation, be sure to call one of our representatives today.