Planning Your Days at
Disney World with Small Children
If you are traveling to Disney World with small children you will be wise to plan your days before you come. All too often we see parents of small children (1 to 4 year olds) trying to cram everything into their Disney World vacation in the first few days, and by the third day of their trip the kids are cranky and not having too much fun. In order to make sure this does not happen to you and your family a little planning before hand will go a long way.
- Nap Time- Just because you are on vacation try not to forget your children’s need for a nap. We strongly suggest you take the time to go back to your hotel or vacation home and put your child down so they can get the much needed rest. Too often we see parents letting their kids sleep in their strollers as they make their way through the theme parks; this is not the best option. These children do not look too comfortable all cramped in their small strollers, and they are often beet red due to the Florida heat.
- Base Tickets- If you have small children you the best ticket option is to get the Disney World base tickets, and visit one park each day. You can see the park for a few hours in the morning and then come back in the afternoon to finish up seeing the rest of the park. If you are like most families and you have children spread out in ages, you might want to get the hopper options for the older children and one of the adults. This way one parent can take the younger child back to the hotel for a nap while the other parent stays with the older children at the parks. Please keep in mind; if the parents are going to alternate nap times then they would both need to buy the park hoppers if they are going to want to hop from park to park. For the best deals on discount Disney World vacation packages click here.
- Plan your Day- There are many great Disney World vacation planning websites, and we have done our best here to ensure you and your family have a great time on your vacation. You will benefit yourself greatly to write down which attractions you definitely want to see. If you don’t get to everything on your list, don’t worry you can always extend your stay with us!
- Pick the right Hotel- When deciding on a hotel, you might want to look for hotels that offer: children eat free programs, free shuttle service to Disney World, swimming pools and playgrounds. Many Kissimmee hotels around Disney World offer these amenities free of charge, for they know the way to earn the parents business is through their children. You might also want to check with the hotel before to see if they offer children’s night care services. The rates are usually around $17 per child per hour, and all these services have to have a Florida daycare service license. This will give you and your spouse a 2 or 3 hour break one night to be able to enjoy many of Orlando top restaurants.
- Take a Day off- If you are staying for 5 days or longer you might want to take a day off from the theme parks all together. This will give you and your child the opportunity to recharge your batteries and be ready for the next day. Not many people know it but Orlando has many great name brand outlet shops as well as 52 total theme parks. So there will be plenty of choices to choose from if you decide to take the day off.
We hope this article was helpful in helping you plan your vacation. Disney World is a great vacation choice with children of all ages; however, when traveling with children please understand they get so excited that they tend to wear themselves out very quickly.
If you would like some personnel assistance in planning you vacation please feel free to give us a call. One of our representatives will be more than happy to talk with you and help you plan the Orlando vacation of a lifetime. Our toll free number is 1-800-641-4008.
Call 1-800-641-4008 to book your
Vacation Home or Townhome today!