See All Orlando 101 Articles
One of the toughest decisions when making plans to visit Orlando is trying to decide if you want to stay at a hotel on Disney World property or if you want to stay off site at one of the many hotels near Disney World. We have compiled a list of advantages and disadvantages to help you in deciding if you should stay at a
Disney World hotel.
Advantages Of Staying At A Disney World Hotel:
- Free shuttle service to and from the Orlando International Airport
- Free shuttle services to all the Disney theme parks. These shuttles run every 30 minutes.
- Magic Hours, allowing you and your family to enter the park 1 hour before guest who are not staying at a Disney World Resort
- Ability to charge goods and services to your room throughout Disney World
- All hotels in Disney are well thought out and wonderfully themed
- Disney is well known for having professionally trained staff and the service is usually impeccable
- Disney guests have the opportunity to have one of the characters tuck your children in bed before they go to sleep
- Disney hotel guests also have preferred dining options
Disadvantages Of Staying On Disney World Property:
- Staying at a Disney World hotel is more expensive
- The Disney transportation service will only take you to the Disney parks it will not take you to the other area attractions
- The Disney properties do not offer freebies such as: children eat free programs or free breakfast
- Dining at the hotels in Disney can be very expensive for what you get
- Most of the hotels in Disney are older properties
The Best Of Both Worlds
If you still can not decide on where to stay, I might suggest you looking to stay at one of the hotels on Disney World property which is not actually owned by Disney World such as the Best Western in Disney. The Best Western is always priced at or below what the Disney All Star properties are priced at, but the Best Western offers so many more amenities. If you stay at the Best Western you are now combining most of the advantages of staying on Disney Property as well as eliminating most of the disadvantages of staying at hotels near Disney World.
Browse Orlando Vacation Planning Articles