See All Orlando 101 Articles
What does it mean if a hotel is a Disney Good Neighbor?
The “Good Neighbor” designation is an honor which Disney World gives to the very best hotels in the Lake Buena Vista and Kissimmee areas. When a hotel is honored as one of these elite properties they get to share in the lodging needs of Disney World-- and Disney World books large numbers of guests into their Good Neighbor properties each year. Choose a good neighbor hotel if you want to be sure you are getting a great quality resort at a great price.
5 Requirements a hotel must meet to be included in the Disney Good Neighbor Hotel program:
- High Standards - A Disney inspection team member visits the eachproperty periodically to make sure the standards are being met. The goal is to drive hotels to higher levels of guest satisfaction. Hotels who meet Disney’s exacting standards get to share in Disney World's enormous marketing efforts to fill their rooms.
The standards use different criteria for differing price points and hotel types. A hotel offering a nightly rate of $75 will have less stringent controls when compared to a hotel which offering a nightly rate of $150.
- Shuttle Service - All Good Neighbor hotels must offer FREE scheduled shuttle services to Disney World. Most offer free theme park shuttles every thirty minutes, allowing you to easily access the Disney theme parks.
- Customer Service- All the hotel employees must be familiar with the Disney theme parks and the Orlando area, and able to convey information to guests.
- Close to Disney World - Properties must get the majority of their business from guests going to the theme parks, and they must be located within five miles of Disney World.
- Great Rates - These properties are typically 30% to 40% less expensive than Disney World hotels. They have to offer better rates than Disney to attract more guests to stay with them.
Part of the Wyndham family of hotels, this three star hotel is in a league of its own. It was originally brought to the market as a condo hotel in 2006-2007.
- 42' flat screen television
- 2 Queen beds
- His and her sinks in the bath area
- A kitchenette complete with a microwave and refrigerator
- Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast for all in your party.
- FREE shuttle to Disney World, SeaWorld and Universal Studios.
This Holiday Inn located about 3.5 miles from the Maingate is one of the most family friendly hotels in Orlando. This interior corridor property opened in 2007 and offers:
- 2 Queen beds per room
- Flat screen televisions
- Deluxe family suites availablefor large groups
- Kids eat free breakfast and dinner (with a paying adult)
- Free shuttle to the Disney theme parks
- 2 great swimming pools
The Holiday Inn Sunspree is located in Lake Buena Vista, and is literally 110 seconds from the Maingate of Disney World. This Holiday Inn location offers:
- Oversized rooms with Queen beds
- Free refrigerator, coffee pot and microwave
- Kid suites for big families
- Applebees Restaurant is located off of the lobby.
Browse Orlando Vacation Planning Articles
Plan a Disney Vacation, A SeaWorld Vacation Or a Universal Studios Vacation